• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New beginning and gift of love to myself and my family... on Valentine's Day

I'm scheduled for the bypass on 2/14... I am nervous as is my husband of the unknown and of course the unlikely, but ever so possible dangers of surgery. I picked this date, as this is a gift of love to myself and my sweetest husband and 4 year old twins. I want to be the best and healthiest me for all of us.

Good luck with your surgery. I like the date you picked. You could not give your family a better Valentines Day gift than a healthier you!

hi Enicholson I love your post about picking Valentine Day as a gift to yourself and family, that's precious. I too have twins but mine are 19 year old identical twin girls, they were my late life blessings. Do you have boy's or girls? You'll be able to do a lot more stuff with them because the surgery once you heal you have more energy and feel like doing a lot more stuff. Make sure you have help to be around after the surgery while you recover, make sure you come back and share your journey. Everything is gonna be ok. God will be with you. Donna

The words gift of love caught my attention,it truely is a gift we are giving ourselves as well as our family. I'm new to this forum but hope to get and give suport feel free to message me I'd love to hear about your journey.I wish you much luck, Joanne

I am one week out from my surgery. It was a long road and scary so I understand how you are feeling. Your post caught my eye because we both started at the same weight and have the same desired weight. I have two teenage boys myself. The hospitals are so well trained on their bariatric units now you will be in great hands! I was home overnight and on Stage 2 diet. Felt tearful today ...think I am just tired and this is all such a new chapter to my life. I want to be here to enjoy my grandchildren ....going on as I was I would never had made it. Keep in touch. I will think of you on your surgery date.

So the day is almost here!!! I check in for Bypass surgery tomorrow morning... Valentine's Day. I am very nervous and a little scared, but more excited about starting my journey and taking control by making a decision that will benefit my health and wellbeing. I can be a better mother to my kids, wife to my husband and a happier me. Responses from family have been mixed, which has been dissappointing to say the least, but I am determined to show them by example and success that this is not only the right choice for me, but for my family and our future. The most invaluable gift you can give anyone is TIME... and I know I can spend more time and quality time with those I love by being healthier.

Thanks so much to everyone who has offered words of support and well wishes... I am so appreciative. Happy Valentine's Day. Love yourself first and foremost!

Blessings to you as you prepare for your surgery. It is normal to be nervous, just go with the flow and it will be over in no time. Let us know how you do with your surgery.

Back