• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New comer

Has anyone stayed in the hospital more than 2 day with the bypass?

• 2-3 days

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • 1-2

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

Carol118

Hi, I'm new here. I am scheduled for the bypass March 27. I've always been the only one in my family that has struggled with my weight, of 9 siblings. I've contemplated this procedure for over 2-3 years now. I thought if I really tried, I could loose some weight, but my weight just keeps going up. My pre-op diet has me so afraid that I won't be able to make and keep up with the lifestyle change because I've been cheating on the 2 week diet. I'm I the only one that has slipped and cheated? The time is getting closer.

Hi, I'm new here. I am scheduled for the bypass March 27. I've always been the only one in my family that has struggled with my weight, of 9 siblings. I've contemplated this procedure for over 2-3 years now. I thought if I really tried, I could loose some weight, but my weight just keeps going up. My pre-op diet has me so afraid that I won't be able to make and keep up with the lifestyle change because I've been cheating on the 2 week diet. I'm I the only one that has slipped and cheated? The time is getting closer.
I think alot do. I had my wife help make sure I stayed on the narrow path... But so many times I was tempted.... I think in our minds we auto think about life after surgery and what we are told we can never eat anymore and that puts our minds in i need to get as much now as i can so I don't miss it... It takes time to retrain your self....

Hello Carol and welcome. Trust me you are not the only one who has cheatedo_O. I also cheated pre-surg and still lost pounds:confused: and had surgery:). Nevertheless, you must always remember, that you are victorious in Christ Jesus and that you can do all things through Christ that strengthens you. Be encouraged:):D;)

Back