• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New girl!

Food has always been a coping mechanism for me. I was severely depressed and turned to food. Things really started rolling after the birth of my daughter 26 years ago. I could not lose the weight no matter how hard I tried. Later I had a hysterectomy and again I turned to food as I went through depression yet again. It’s time to get myself together and take back my life.

I’m 62 years old, 5’5 312 lbs and live in New Castle,IN. I have diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol so I’m on a lot of medication. I have been overweight almost all of my life and I’m ready for a change. I’m ready to take charge of my life.
Welcome to the site. I have found it therapeutic to read the stories and encourage as well as help me not feel alone as I go through my journey.

Hi! My name is Gloria and I am very early in the process. I’ve just completed my seminar and will be speaking with my doctor for a referral. I am so ready to take this journey! My goal is to get the sleeve. I look forward to share in my journey.
Hi Gloria! I'm Kristi and I'm 60 years old. I got the bypass and never looked back. Best decision I made after getting Jesus in my life and marrying my husband! I am almost 4 1/2 months post op. I have lost 40 pounds since my surgery and 75 pounds from the beginning of my program.

Back