• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New, Having Problems

lbtemple65

I had my sleeve procedure done on the 10th of January. As of my post opt appointment I had lost 33lbs in a month. Since that date, Jan 27th I have gained 2lbs and can't seem to lose it. I am staying the same. I am so discouraged at this point I could just cry. I need some answers pronto.

Thanks,
Brenda

Hi Brenda Welcome to this site. Don't be discouraged, the body goes through lots of changed, I would platue for a week or so and at times gain a lb or two only to find out it was muscle that I had gained and I was still losing fat. So if you have increased the amount of physical activity you are doing or going to the gym and working out more that could be the reason. Make sure you are getting enough protien and calories or that could also cause the body to want to hold on weight, but my guess would be you are gaining muscle, which burns calories more efficiently. In my support group they said take measurements so you can see your body shrinking but I just try on cloths to see how baggy they get. Call your nutritionist or doctor if it doesn't seem to turn around though. 33lbs in less than a month is great, so keep that in mind. Let us know how thing go. :cool: Tom

Brenda-Welcome to the forum. Try not to get discouraged. Your journey is just beginning and there are going to be a few bumps in the road. I agree with what Tom said about muscle vs. fat. Although my surgery is scheduled for 2/27 I have been on a lot of diets in my life. At one point I was able to lose 65 lbs. by dieting and exercise. When I would increase my exercise routine to daily instead of every other day I noticed at times the scale didn't always show any weight loss but my clothes would be more loose. If you don't think this is what is happening to you then you should call your surgeon or nutritionist. Make sure to come back to to forum and let us know how you are doing.

Hi Brenda I had the sleeve done on 11/10/2011. I have lost 63 lbs. to date. I hit a plato about 2 wks ago. I had just started the gym and was killing myself, but I was told that I was developing muscle and therefore it didn't show on the scale. I hung in and have finally dropped 3 moe lbs. Just hang in and maybe your body is justing to your new life. If you are at the gym everyday maybe try every other day. Don't overdue and stick to your instrustions you were given by your DR. It will happen. hair(Marty)

Back