• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New here, and advice?

DarrylL

Hi my name is Darryl, I'm 22 and starting my weight loss journey. I don't have a surgery date set yet and I'm looking for any advice or helpful hints.

Listen to your nutritionist, and do what they tell you so when it does come time to only eat liquids your stomach will be used to smaller portions and you won't feel like you are starving, it is a long road but will be worth it in the end

Listen to your nutritionist, and do what they tell you so when it does come time to only eat liquids your stomach will be used to smaller portions and you won't feel like you are starving, it is a long road but will be worth it in the end
Thanks for replying. I see you got surgery recently. How are you feeling now?

I'm doing pretty good, the first week after surgery was not that great but then I started taking my pain meds more and that did the trick, once I got that under control it was smooth sailing, not that I was in alot of pain, so don't think you will be doubling over but it was just alot of pressure, but now I'm off the pain meds and ready to go back to work

Thanksgiving was my only holiday I got to eat lol, but I had changed my eating habits long before that, I had planned on pigging out but my stomach couldn't take it lol, no lying here and I did have my mother in law make my favorite pie, I had some of that and then ended up sending it to work with my husband, the guys in the garage got a nice treat, but then I got back on track, I then had to drink only liquids and had my surgery just before Christmas so I stayed home and sent my husband to his in-laws for lunch, new year's I did go for dinner but could only eat my shake at that time also, the pork and sourcrout smelled delish but I couldn't eat it

I'm glad it worked out like it did, because I can be my own worst enemy when it comes to food, but now I have hope
That's good!
I'm worried that once I get a craving I'll just cave and have it. I'm a big sweets person, that's what I've been working on cutting it all out. But at the end of the week if I've done good I'll give myself a little something but that just snowballs. Is that easier after surgery since there isn't a lot of room to binge?

When I changed my food choices before surgery, likes months before I would still go out for dinner with my husband, weekends were the worst for me, but I used this app on my phone called Lose it, I could put the food I wanted to eat in it and find out how much I could eat or change it to something else that would be more beneficial to me, I have been using this app since I decided to have this surgery, it has really helped, but I use it everyday it also keeps track of how much protein I'm getting, I don't think I could do it without that app

I don't have to write down everything I eat, it keeps track for me, and a lot of restaurant food is in there also so Lose it has been a big help and I don't pay anything for this app and I didn't upgrade to the one you pay for

Back