• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New here, I am three weeks post op

suzanne86

I am three weeks post op and need to know that what I am feeling is normal. I had the gastric sleeve done on 12/11/14 and am frustrated because of all the changes. I knew they were going to happen but living them is completely different. I just want to know I am not alone. Things I used to like no longer taste the same to me.

I am three weeks post op and need to know that what I am feeling is normal. I had the gastric sleeve done on 12/11/14 and am frustrated because of all the changes. I knew they were going to happen but living them is completely different. I just want to know I am not alone. Things I used to like no longer taste the same to me.

WELCOME to the Forum, Suzanne!!!

Many of us experience taste changes after surgery. Food we used to love may taste too sweet or sour, or tasteless, it just isn't the same anymore. Think of this in a positive way. It's really a blessing. Love of our food led many of us to over eat and become obese. Many of us had diabetes, high blood pressure, sleep apnea and many other health issues. Sure it was enjoyable to savor our food, but life has so much more to offer. Good health, being able to sit comfortably in a chair with side arms, walking without becoming out of breath, buying clothes that are regular sizes instead of Super XXXX sizes. Living life and enjoying our family, friends and life instead of dying too young. Try not to mourn food but instead find new enjoyment in life. Go to the park, go shopping, find a new hobby.. I'm going to learn to sew. Get yourself a new pet or join a club. Live and enjoy your new life as your pounds melt away, you will feel a freedom like a huge weight is lifted from your shoulders. And indeed weight has been lifted not only from our bodies but from our minds. Life is good, life is great. You will enjoy your new found health and body.

You are down 20lb already. Keep up the good work! You can do this!!!

Cheyenne :cool:

Back