• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New here. Waiting for approval.

Joyous1979

Hello all! My name is Joy. I'm waiting for approval for gastric bypass. My journey began in October of this year. I have been researching gastric bypass for about 8 years. My sister had it done almost 7 years ago. I wasn't ready until now to have it done. Health risks are the main reason. So here I am. Ready to change my life for me. Glad there are groups like this to encourage me. Thank you all!

Hi Joy - this is a great bunch of folks. My sleeve surgery is December 27 and I have gotten so much info. Post and ye shall receive!

Thank you for the welcome! I went to a local support group and I felt so welcomed. People had great information. It was great to know others had experienced my emotions, fears, excitement, etc. Looking forward to gleaning as much as I can. Good luck on your surgery!

Joyous-Welcome to the forum and good luck on your approval. Sometimes waiting for approval is the most stressful part. I'm sure things will work out for you.

Back