• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New here

Welcome, Melissa. If you truly throw up everything, you should be in the hospital because that is NOT NORMAL. We're a support group and it's great that you can tell your stories, but the feedback you're going to get from people like me is, CALL YOUR DOCTOR or your bariatric team. You should be living a normal life, eating the required amount of food every day. The surgery shouldn't make life worse, it should make it better. After a short recovery time from surgery, you shouldn't feel any different than anyone else.

CALL YOUR DOCTOR or get to the ER or initial care center ASAP.

I'm surprised they have you eating at all this soon after post op. What phase are you on? I agree with Diane that you should call your doctor.

A few other suggestions are make sure you are taking small sips. If you are eating, everything should be chewed to a puree consistency. And eaten slowly, slowly, slowly!

Your stomach is basically a wound right now that has to do its job regardless of the injury it has sustained. Imagine having your thumb removed and washing dishes while the sutures are still in .. With no gloves.

You're not going to feel normal eating for quite some time. However, if you cannot keep anything down, call your doctor.

Good luck and feel better soon.

Back