• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New here

AleshaAnn

Hello All, I just joined the Support Group today. I am not a new be to bariatric surgery though. I had the gastric band in 12/2011 that was not successful. I actually gained weight with it instead of loosing weight due to scar tissue that formed around the band that caused too much of a restriction that caused me to vomit all the time so my body was in starvation mode all the time. So in August I decided to have it taken out and have the sleeve done. Well, I am 9 days post op, feel pretty good and will be going back to work on Monday. I am not digging the pureed diet but am making the best of it. I can only take in about 6 tablespoons of food at this time. I guess this is really a lifestyle change that I need to get use to. I know now that I will need the extra support of those who have gone through what I have unlike last time. My husband is there for me but is obese himself an has no desire to change that. He like to eat and does so at his leisure so it makes things really hard for me. So, I will be seeking all of your support to help me this time get more positive influences. I look forward to getting to know all of you and just so you all know I am a good listener. Good luck to all of you on this long journey to healthiness! Alesha;)

Hi! I understand the hubby not really helping in that area LOL! My husband is diabetic with high blood pressure, etc and I'm like hey let's fix this and he's like hey look reese cups!
How is the healing coming along?

Congratulations on not using your spouse's unwillingness to change disrupt YOUR plans. That must be tough, but we all need to take care of our own health and well being.

Hi Alesha.. Welcome to the Group!!! Hope we all can become great friends and help each other melt off the pounds. Good Luck to us all!!!

Congratulations. I hope I spelled that ok. I am proud of you for taking the next step forward. Do it for you, and we are all behind you. Remember, one moment at a time. Also remember we don't undo years and years of bad eating habits overnight. You can do this.

hi i am having the sleeve to i just got approved by the insurance and will get a surgery date next week. i also have an obese boyfriend he is very supportive but at the same time he keeps buying my favorite kind of food and makes food to late at night when i don't need to be eating it makes it very hard. that is why i joined as well i have to loss 16 pounds before my 2 week pre opp or they will put me on a liquid diet witch i really do not want to do. i have lost 12 but the last 4 don't want to come off. so i finale told him you have to stop feeding me i have to loss the weight i will let ya know how it goes good luck

I have been severely overweight for years. My husband also obese is now deceased. He had diabetes and never watched his diet and ruined his kidneys. He loved to do the grocery shopping and bought a lot of high calorie foods.. I admit I enjoyed the food as well. Now things are different. I have had my bypass. I only buy healthy food. I just wish I could go back in time and change our diet years ago. My husband might still be here with me. I am feeling better than I have felt in years. Hopefully I will continue to lose weight and eventually reach my goal.

Back