• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New here

Hi everybody, well tomorrow, May 1, 2015 I weigh in and get my Psychiatric evaluation. I'm really nervous. My biggest problem right now is I'm so bloated and I'm afraid I won't lose the few pounds I need to lose before tomorrow. I'm hoping I get a surgery date tomorrow. I won't if I'm not at my goal of 340. I'm at 342 right now. If I could just get rid of the bloat over night I know I would be fine. I have an idea to eat lots of spinach. Hopefully that will help. I'll let you know how my appointment goes tomorrow. Thanks for letting me vent, lol.

Good luck tomorrow! I've heard cramberry juice will release water weight but it does have calories so I'm not sure if that would be good. Take your shoes off and wear very light weight clothing to the weigh in. 2 lb is very close to your goal, you're just ounces away!

Cheyenne :cool:

Nisey, everyone in my family understood why I had to do the surgery, but my daughter was giving me issues. Not because it would make me healthier, but because of the chance of risk. I have tried to show her that my particular doctor is excellent and has no cases of death or issues. Anyways, my point is she finally came around and has accepted my surgery.

Just remember this is for you. If you do not take control you are the one at other health risks.

Keep your chin up and keep on doing what you have been.

Good Luck

Thanks Debbie S, I wish I could say who it was who was not supporting me but I feel really bad saying it. It is someone extra close to me though. I was very shocked when she told me she wouldn't support me. She told me she wouldn't support me because she didn't think I would continue dieting. She didn't mention anything about risk. That's what hurts. It actually kind of made me mad and just solidified me wanting the surgery even more. She is heavy too. I think there may be a little bit of jealousy in there to as well. Not for the surgery but because I'm losing weight. I really hope you're doing well. Keep us posted. Thanks for writing back.

I had my Psychiatric evaluation on May 1, 2015. It went very well. I will know in about two weeks the date of my surgery. I am so excited. Nervous but excited. This is what I have worked and am working so hard for. Waiting to hear from the Person who makes the surgery dates. Whoooo hoooo!!!!

I had my Psychiatric evaluation on May 1, 2015. It went very well. I will know in about two weeks the date of my surgery. I am so excited. Nervous but excited. This is what I have worked and am working so hard for. Waiting to hear from the Person who makes the surgery dates. Whoooo hoooo!!!!

AWESOME!!! I'm so happy for you! You are on your way :)

Cheyenne:cool:

Hi Nisey, how did the weigh in go? I am praying for good news for you! I had my surgery yesterday. Well surgery for my vena cava filter to be put in. It was placed in my right jugular/subclavial section. it went well, i am just sore but that is expected. Now in 3 days i have MY SURGERY. GOSH 3 days. I am nervous but excited.

Let me know what happens to you, but just so you know i ended up gaining like 5 pounds and my doc could visually tell in my legs it was all water weight (I have Lymphedema). I was so disappointed to gain weight when i have been dieting and been doing so good. I guess this is the reason i am having the surgery at least this way when i continue with my diet i know i will lose weight.

I will try to touch base with you before my surgery.

Hi Debbie S, I'm sorry you had to have that vena cath put in your neck. I heard those hurt. I'm so excited for you. Let me know how your surgery goes, please. My weigh in and psychiatric evaluation went super well. I hit my surgery goal weight and so I will know my surgery date in the next couple of weeks. Everything went very smoothly. I'm praying for you and wishing you every success on your surgery and can't wait to hear from you when your surgery is finished. Keep me posted. That's ok if you gained a little. It will come right off after the surgery. Don't worry. Just stick to the diet. You'll be great!!!

Back