• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New, Hopeful, and Nervous

That's true Tom, thanks for saying it :)

I have to add that my current weight is probably slightly less than when I got married in 1978. I have a ways to go to reach what my weight was when I met my late husband, I think I was around 215. I was 160 going into 10th grade and 175 in 11th grade but I had an athletic build from playing sports. I had to quit sports in 12th grade and gained weight until I reached 185 at graduation. I gained an additional 30 pounds over the next year from being inactive. He was a big guy at 315 when we met (at work). When we started spending a lot of time together and having meals together along with his mom and younger sister he started losing weight because I insisted that he eat some veggies with his meals. I also told him he didn't need to melt an entire stick of butter for his bowl of popcorn in order to make it taste good *LOL* Funny thing is that he was the one who dropped the weight while I gained it :( Eventualy he got down to 245 even though he used a lot of butter and ate things like hotdogs and hamburgers (his very favorite). Like Tom said, I think he's smiling down at me :) :)

Last edited:
Wow - just look at all these connections. I lost my husband to an incredibly rare cancer as well. Despite my initial guilty feelings, I know that my husband would be so very happy for my deciding to LIVE...this really is the core of my choice. Sorry, Tom. Cancer is a rough go...the caretakers club...sending best wishes to all of you!

Back