• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New in the beginning

Bmomof4

Hello. Im new and in the beginning. I did my 3rd meeting with the nutristionist today and will be meeting with the phsycratrist and nutritionist in feb. i dont have a surgery date they never told me. Idk if medicaid you have to do certain things first or what. Has anyone struggled with getting on their diet and eating correctly. I did. I am getting better and going to track what i eat. How do yall consume your water. I hate water and have to remember to drink it because i forget to drink through out the day. Any help will due.

I struggled at first pre-op. I kept telling myself I would never get to eat so many things I like again so I really struggled. But that was also the same mindset I had every other time I decided to lose weight and that thinking brought me to the need for Bariatric surgery. I started paying closer attention to what my dietician had said and the handouts she gave me. It made food choices both pre and post op a lot easier. I had to lose 12 pounds before they would schedule me for surgery. I ended up losing 20 before surgery. It felt good going into surgery with some success under my belt. And there are foods that I will never be able to eat again but through the process I found new foods I like and I don’t miss the ones I can’t have anymore. Surgery is 90% mental. Making lifelong changes is hard. I still think about where I was and where I am now and what got me to my heaviest weight every time I think I’m craving something. It gets me through and I sit back and sip my water. You will get there. Just stay focused on the reason you are taking this journey to begin with.

I struggled at first pre-op. I kept telling myself I would never get to eat so many things I like again so I really struggled. But that was also the same mindset I had every other time I decided to lose weight and that thinking brought me to the need for Bariatric surgery. I started paying closer attention to what my dietician had said and the handouts she gave me. It made food choices both pre and post op a lot easier. I had to lose 12 pounds before they would schedule me for surgery. I ended up losing 20 before surgery. It felt good going into surgery with some success under my belt. And there are foods that I will never be able to eat again but through the process I found new foods I like and I don’t miss the ones I can’t have anymore. Surgery is 90% mental. Making lifelong changes is hard. I still think about where I was and where I am now and what got me to my heaviest weight every time I think I’m craving something. It gets me through and I sit back and sip my water. You will get there. Just stay focused on the reason you are taking this journey to begin with.
Wow that’s awesome keep up the good work!❤️

Back