• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New Kid on the Block

Welcome Jess! There are so many friendly people on this site. It's a very supportive group.

I hope you don't mind me asking, but I'm curious why you decided on the duodenal switch, or why it was recommended by your doctor?

I know everyone here will be behind you 100% on your journey!

Ryan

Jess, we have at least one member here who has had the duodenal switch. It is something people rarely talk about but I understand the main reason for choosing that surgery is that it is the most effective cure for diabetes.

I hope you will feel like telling us your story. Especially in a case where a very underused surgical technique is employed, we can learn a lot from you. You can help somebody else make a choice by telling your story. We automatically love and support you here, so please feel free to tell us everything about how the surgery is working for you.

And here's a big old welcome to the group hug!

Welcome to the group! We will do our best to answer your questions, sometimes we are a bit blunt, but it is with love and support. Remember to ALWAYS check with your doctor before you act on any medical advice you get here.

Back