• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New Life Bariatric protein and vitamins

NanaG67

Have any of you tried the New Life products? I am finding that they are the only company that accepts the FSA or Health Care Cards. Just trying to see about flavors.

I also found out today that my nutritionist is wanting me to try and get 100 grams of protein in daily...Anyone else have that issue?:p

Right now, no calorie limit for my pre-op liquid diet, which I start on the 18th. She just said to make sure that I drink as much as possible to keep from being hungry. the protein drinks from new life are only 80 calories and 15 grams of protein, :cool:

Hi NanaG you should be able to get in 100 grams of protien in although like Missy said you may want a shake with a higher protien level or double up on it I think I mixed mine with milk on my pre op liquid meal plan, I think I remember having to get a lot of protien in also, but it was a long time ago. Most of my protien shakes have between 25 and 35 grams of protien in them. Hang in there. :cool: Tom

My nutritionist and surgeon both recommend 60 to 90 grams of protein daily. I can manage 60 or 70 most of the time but when I shoot for 90 it usually causes me to exceed the 800 calories I was told to maintain.

My doc wants me to get in at least 60 to 70 grams of protein a day. I can do this real easy because I love meat and cottage cheese even after 4 years. Mix some cottage cheese with your scrambled eggs. Got to watch the fat content it adds cal. to your food and you can brake 1000 real quick.

Well I am suppose to get 80 grams of protein in a day. I never make it. The BA shakes are 4-6 oz. of milk or water with the powder and that is way to much for me. I am picky and I do not like them left over. I make 2 shakes a day using 3 oz. of milk. I know I am not getting enough protein, but this is the best I can do right now. I am 8 weeks post op. AND I am doing terrible with my vitamins and my meds. I hate chewables and did not know we would have to be on them (the chewables) so long. Right now I am a sad case :(.

Hi Wildrose, did you have the RnY? 8 weeks is not very far out, I rember I was still forcing myself to eat because I just wasn't hungry and I would get full with a few bites so I didn't eat much it is also very difficult to get the water and protien we need with such tight restrictions on eating and drinking, it helps that the shakes count as fluid intake. You can only do what you can do and as far as the vitamins it took me about 6 months until I was able to find the combination of chewables and oral ones to take, I use the calcium chews and for a while that would be my breakfast with a shake because it would fill me up. If you space your vitamins out between meals that might make it easier and just keep trying to get as much protien as you can, what you are going through is normal, your doing fine. :cool: Tom

Wildrose, I use Wellesse liquid calcium citrate with D3 and it tastes great, it is an orange flavor. My iron pills are small enough to swallow, and I should be able to after surgery because they are tiny. I take Flintstone gummy vitamins but New Life Bariatrics has a crystal one that you just add 2 oz of water to. So there are options out there, look around. The Wellesse they sell at Walmart. Good luck and keep us posted

Hi wildrose my daughter had her sugery last year, she just gagged when she had to take her chewable vits, she hated the texture. She found a liqued form at the Suplements Plus store.I think you could find them at a health food store. She said they have several flavors.

Back