• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New Life Waiting to Start!

Hello Everyone,

I just joined a few days ago....I have been reading so many amazing life changing stories.

I attended the seminar on 08-May-2013
Consult with the surgeon 23-May-2013
I called/faxed a request for my medical records and letter of support from my primary Dr. 24-May-2013

My surgeon has a program they call fast-track
I will do all my testing all one day, 13-Jun-2013

Ok..my stats

Female
Married
198.5 lb
5'2
48 yrs
I am planning on RNY with hiatal hernia repair. We will also be doing surgery on my colon for diverticulosis during the same surgery. I figure go big or go home!

I am very excited and scared to death at the same time.

gayle-n-reno

Gayle, welcome to the rollercoaster that is the start of the WLS journey. Sounds like you have a lot going on during the surgery, but you sound very motivated. Let us know if you have any questions and we'll be happy to give you some insight. Good thoughts coming your way.

Frank

:cool:

Frank....

Thanks for the welcome.....I have been here every day reading....

I wish I was already done with the surgery! Waiting has never been one of my strong points! LOL

Sometimes the wait is a good thing. There is always something new to learn and think about this life-changing journey you are about to embark on. I wish you all the best!

Thanks CALQL84HEALTH AND kARENINA....

I have been wanting this for such a long time....but my husbands Ins. company has an exclusion for WLS. We have had the same Ins. for 30 years. I now have Ins. through my work that covers it. Whoot....now if I can just get my approval completed!

I really enjoy this place...but I wish more people were in the chatt room...would be great to have people to talk realtime to.

gayle-n-reno

gayle-n-reno

You may want to add more friends that way they show up as online and you can chat:)

It sounds like things will work out this time. I went to a seminar in Feb, first visit in March and surgery is June 7th
The first time I tried this it took over a year then I let people talk me out of it.

Best wishes and wow on the number of things you are getting done at one time.
keep us posted

Hello Everyone,

I had all my testing done on Thursday 13-JUN-2013, they added a sleep test...did the first night last night...will do it again tonight. Thank goodness they have an at home system to do it. They should send off the paperwork next week to the Ins....HOPE HOPE HOPE for APPROVAL!

Phyc evaluation completed,
nutrition class completed,
H pyloric (neg) completed,
Resting Metabolic Rate (mid-range) completed
Sleep test inprocess

0-5 lbs to lose before surgery (down 2.2 already)....when the surgery gets approved.

gayle-n-reno

Last edited:
Hi Gayle,

Sounds like everything is progressing smoothly. You're almost there and I have my fingers crossed for your approval.

Frank

Thanks.....

I take the sleep machine back to the Dr. office tomorrow, double check with the office to make sure all my medical records were received then the letters to the Ins get wrote! NO STRESS HERE!

gayle

I turned in the sleep machine (for my sleep test) today at the Dr. office. As soon as they download and review the data, my letters to the Ins company will be written. Now here comes the hardest part yet....the waiting.....

gayle-n-reno

the waiting can be hard, just use the time to practice your new good habits. The payoff of practice is priceless.

Wishing you a fast reply!

Calql84health,

I have been working on the new habits, chew chew chew...sip sip sip... Funny kind of story...not really funny but never the less....

My husband last year collapsed at work, taken to the ER, 3 days later (after me throwing at fit for 2 days) found out he had a hole in his colon. He was septic at this point, they went in and repaired his sigmoid colon, but had to do an Iliostomy (like a colostomy but off the small intestine). The opening was very small and I would repeat time after time, to my husband, chew chew chew....now he is teasing me he gets to return the favor...he has had his Iliostomy reversal and is back to his old self...but I guess what comes around goes around...hes waiting for the day to remind me to chew chew chew...

BTW... Dr Kent Sasse that did hubby's emergency surgery is the same Dr. that will be doing my surgery....He saved my hubby's life...there could not a better recommendation than that!!

gayle-n-reno

Tentative surgery date of 24-Jul-2013

results of sleep test are in...slight restrictive sleep apnia...whoot..another co-morbidity! LOL

gayle-n-reno

Gayle,

Good to hear you have a tentative date, has it become a more solid date yet? It will get here faster than you realize. Let us know how you're feeling and any questions that come up during your wait.

Frank

No solid date as of today....but I did bug the Ins company....it is in review, they said to call again tomorrow maybe they will have an answer. I laughted and told her I will be calling everyday until I get an answer.

gayle-n-reno

Back