• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New member, but threads are all old - let's get into this California!

Goldrush Granny

Hi I'm Goldrush Granny from CA, I live in Gold Rush country of course and also live in a very very small town. I had surgery (gastric sleeve) about 4 years ago and did really well but have started to misbehave and now I find I have gained about 25 lbs I need to get to work on that NOW! Let's get this party started!

Hi I'm Goldrush Granny from CA, I live in Gold Rush country of course and also live in a very very small town. I had surgery (gastric sleeve) about 4 years ago and did really well but have started to misbehave and now I find I have gained about 25 lbs I need to get to work on that NOW! Let's get this party started!
Hi Goldrush Granny, 1st I love your handle name, I'm from south Cailf close to coast San Deigo . Sounds like you have done great on your walk so far . My doctor says most people will put 15 /25 pounds back on after five years or so. Like the group so far I really need support group before and after surgery. I'm greatful for all feed back from everyone and I will post my after surgery and days ahead in hopes it will also help others.

Hi Cyndy! Any post prior to March of 2019 is probably from a member who has become inactive. In the section about support groups by state on the main page of this online group, there is a thread about starting your own support group. Now that I'm saying it to you, I'm thinking that I should probably start one of my own or try to find people who would be willing in the Seattle area.

You can make this happen, but all the oldies who aren't here anymore are probably not even reading the forums. However, you might reach out to them anyway. I've had a little success sending posts to the profiles of people who I have never met and haven't seen for a long time.

Take care and let me just say, I love you.

Thank you, Diane. From the dates on their profiles I knew they were inactive. I just figured there wasn’t any harm in trying to see if they responded. I believe it was you who told me when I first came to the group that I could look up people based on my state. Unfortunately, most people seemed to be in Southern California (12-13 hrs from me, I can get to Oregon in 5). I live in Northern California. Grass Valley is on the other side of the mountain from me about 45 minutes to hour depending on weather bc it’s a windy road. I don’t think I could start a support group with everything going on in my life right now. Maybe if I had a cofacilitator. If you start one in Seattle let me know how it goes. Have an exquisite day! I’m off to appointments.

Thank you, Diane. From the dates on their profiles I knew they were inactive. I just figured there wasn’t any harm in trying to see if they responded. I believe it was you who told me when I first came to the group that I could look up people based on my state. Unfortunately, most people seemed to be in Southern California (12-13 hrs from me, I can get to Oregon in 5). I live in Northern California. Grass Valley is on the other side of the mountain from me about 45 minutes to hour depending on weather bc it’s a windy road. I don’t think I could start a support group with everything going on in my life right now. Maybe if I had a cofacilitator. If you start one in Seattle let me know how it goes. Have an exquisite day! I’m off to appointments.

HI Cyndy,

I'm in San Jose, California but I travel to Sacramento once a month and stay for the weekend. Maybe we can meet in Sacramento sometime? I think Placerville is 40 minutes away from Sacramento, would that be too far for you?

I would like that very much. I am my mother’s caregiver and I only have help from 9-3, weekdays except for Tuesday. Would it be possible for you to meet on a weekday during the day? Perhaps a Thursday or Friday? Where in Sacramento do you stay?
Cyndy

Hi Cyndy,

I won't know which exact weekend I'll be in Sacramento til Jan 3rd. I'll let you know as soon as I found out which weekend, but it looks like Friday anytime after 12noon would work for me. I typically stay Fri thru Sun or Sat thru Sun with friends in Sacramento. I actually may be in Sacramento 2 weekends in January, one because the company I work for is transferring their old Sac clinic to a new Sac clinic so there will be a grand opening, and the other to celebrate my birthday with friends. I'll send you a private message with my contact info. Looking forward to meeting you!

That's so cool Bill, I have great memories of my dad taking me and my brothers to Knott's Berry Farm every year when I was younger.
I have to confess I haven’t been to a Knotts in a couple of years. I’m not a roller coster fan .They have a lot of them . I do have a Disneyland annual pass and we do go a couple times a month.Since Surgery we haven’t gone lately

I have to confess I haven’t been to a Knotts in a couple of years. I’m not a roller coster fan .They have a lot of them . I do have a Disneyland annual pass and we do go a couple times a month.Since Surgery we haven’t gone lately

I'd like to see Disneyland again, my dad used to take us there as well. I haven't been since Senior year of high school, and that was decades ago. My cousin takes her kids to Universal Studios a few times a year, so I think she has annual passes for there.

Back