• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

LuvsPink

I stumbled across this site while ordering my protein shakes. I was given a surgery date of 12/30/16 and I start the liquid diet 12/16/16. I am diabetic and have RA. I have told 5 friends and of course my about the upcoming gastric sleeve surgery. How and when did YOU share the news?

I stumbled across this site while ordering my protein shakes. I was given a surgery date of 12/30/16 and I start the liquid diet 12/16/16. I am diabetic and have RA. I have told 5 friends and of course my about the upcoming gastric sleeve surgery. How and when did YOU share the news?

I just posted on facebook. The only support I got was from a cousin of mine. Nobody else in the family cares, but that's okay. I am getting support from a woman I used to work. She had the bypass three years!

Doug

I am in the 6-month waiting period from my insurance and don't have a surgery date yet but have told a few people so far. In the beginning, I was really considering not telling anyone but then as I got more excited about the process and the thought of better health, I decided to share my news. I was shocked that my family members I have told have all been very encouraging with it and supportive. My friend on the other hand who also has a weight issue has been not supportive at all. She likes to tell me all the horror stories and so on. I am wishing I had not told her. Goes to show, you never know how people will respond.

I ended up having my surgery 12/27/16 and I am now home after a 3 day hospital stay. So far so good. I am on liquids for the next few days. I see my surgeon for my 1 week post op tomorrow. So far, I am down 3 pounds. Still uncomfortable, but overall feel great

I'm actually 2 months pre-op and haven't told my family. I've told my daughter and my man, I'm not sure i want to tell anyone I don't really want negativity or other people's opinion on my dicision. I am however feeling a little lonely in my choice.

Back