• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

new patient

Thank you for joining the American Bariatrics forum Electric Citygirl and welcome! I'm sure you will find that there are a lot of very supportive and kind people on this site that have been in your shoes and are rooting for you! Is this your first appointment with the Dr. about having the surgery?

Thank you for joining the American Bariatrics forum Electric Citygirl and welcome! I'm sure you will find that there are a lot of very supportive and kind people on this site that have been in your shoes and are rooting for you! Is this your first appointment with the Dr. about having the surgery?
yes, this will be my first appointment. I sorta have an advantage as I work as a RN in the hospital he does. I have taken care of many of his patients, and personally know several who have had this procedure. Failure is my biggest fear.

You can do this Electric Citygirl!! It sounds like you are already very knowledgable about the procedure and post-op care seeing as you're a RN and have taken care of his patients. Do you also have a good support team backing you up? Like family and friends that support you? Having the proper support team can really make a difference in outcomes! Utilizing this forum can also have a huge impact. If you search around the pre-surgery questions, requirements, and testing thread you may find some answers to help calm your fears :)

New to site. Have appointment with doctor next tuesday. Anyone have any regrets? Any advice?
I am still waiting for surgery. Dec. 6. I too often wonder if I'm going to regret this, but this site and local support group have helped me realize this will save my life. What surgery are you having? I'm having gastric bypass.

Back