• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New Post Op

I just had my gastric bypass on May 2, 2017. Doing very well. I am so glad it is done. Took about three months to go through all the testing and pre-approval process. It is a dream come true for me. Sense the surgery I have not taken any diabetes medicine.
Yes isn't it great... Im off a few meds to and the weight is coming off seems slow at times but it is still moving....

I just had my gastric bypass on May 2, 2017. Doing very well. I am so glad it is done. Took about three months to go through all the testing and pre-approval process. It is a dream come true for me. Sense the surgery I have not taken any diabetes medicine.
Congratulations on your surgery! It is the best thing I ever did. I look back now and wonder how I carried that extra weight around and I still have 93# to go. Soon you will be doing the same thing.

Congratulations on your surgery! It is the best thing I ever did. I look back now and wonder how I carried that extra weight around and I still have 93# to go. Soon you will be doing the same thing.
I've lost 60 lbs before I went to surgeon then sense I first started bariatric program to two weeks after surgery lost 33 lbs have a total of 91 lbs lost and just 69 lbs to lose to goal weight. I am so happy that I am adjusting well. I'm on soft foods now.

I've lost 60 lbs before I went to surgeon then sense I first started bariatric program to two weeks after surgery lost 33 lbs have a total of 91 lbs lost and just 69 lbs to lose to goal weight. I am so happy that I am adjusting well. I'm on soft foods now.
Wow, that's some incredible weight loss. Good going!!!

I'm 4 days post op and I can't even look at the protein drinks, get sick to my stomach. Can only get unsweetened tea, popsicles and. Water, ice chips in me....had broth, can't get yuk taste out of my mouth, brushed teeth several times.....certain smells gag me...I want salt and I never used salt before, but I'm thinking it's because they gave me my water pill in hospital and my body's telling me I need it....weird. I could like a saltine .... any suggestions ? I'm up walking frequently...

I'm 4 days post op and I can't even look at the protein drinks, get sick to my stomach. Can only get unsweetened tea, popsicles and. Water, ice chips in me....had broth, can't get yuk taste out of my mouth, brushed teeth several times.....certain smells gag me...I want salt and I never used salt before, but I'm thinking it's because they gave me my water pill in hospital and my body's telling me I need it....weird. I could like a saltine .... any suggestions ? I'm up walking frequently...
Sorry you are having such a rough time. Good job on the walking. Do not listen to your body trying to get you to eat salt. You will regret it when you weigh in next. Make sure you are drinking some sugar free Gatorade or Powerade. Your body needs the electrolytes. You also might try a different brand of protein shake. I had to try several before I found one I could stomach. Some companies even make a non flavored one. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Back