• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New to group from Illinois

Debbie 1955

Hello! I am 5 months post gastric sleeve. I have lost 53 lbs so far. This is the 1st time I have ever joined a support group.
My question is how fast is everyone losing and how much. I met a woman that had surgery 2 weeks after I did and has lost 10 lbs more.

Hello! I am 5 months post gastric sleeve. I have lost 53 lbs so far. This is the 1st time I have ever joined a support group.
My question is how fast is everyone losing and how much. I met a woman that had surgery 2 weeks after I did and has lost 10 lbs more.
THE POUNDS WILL COME OFF SOONER OR LATER. THE WOMAN YOU MET MAY HAVE LOSE 10 POUNDS MORE THAN YOU, BUT YOU MIGHT FEEL TEN TIME BETTER ABOUT YOURSELF THEN SHE. THE POINT I'M MAKING IS...FEELING GOOD ABOUT YOURSELF WILL OUT WEIGH THE POUNDS YOU LOSE. I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU. CONGRATULATION ON THE POUNDS YOU HAVE LOSE!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!

Everyone is different, don't compare yourself to others, you are doing great in my book, I also worried about not keeping up with the rest but then I felt discouraged and that didn't get me anywhere, so now I just focus on me and let the world know how I'm doing on this site lol, every one here is very nice and encouraging, no matter what your number is and it is not always about the number

Everyone is different, don't compare yourself to others, you are doing great in my book, I also worried about not keeping up with the rest but then I felt discouraged and that didn't get me anywhere, so now I just focus on me and let the world know how I'm doing on this site lol, every one here is very nice and encouraging, no matter what your number is and it is not always about the number
Well said Tracy.

I had gastric bypass Jan. 10th with the liquid protein diet for a week before. I have lost 52 lbs. so far. I have been really hungry the last few days but haven't given in to it too much. Getting more exercise so that may be why I an hungry. Most of the time, I don't get hungry. Just the last few days. Not good.

I had gastric bypass Jan. 10th with the liquid protein diet for a week before. I have lost 52 lbs. so far. I have been really hungry the last few days but haven't given in to it too much. Getting more exercise so that may be why I an hungry. Most of the time, I don't get hungry. Just the last few days. Not good.
That happens to me if I don't eat at my normal times, I try to only put on my plate what I should eat, today I was running around all day and missed lunch so I stopped at sheetz and got some beef jerky and had a snack, turkey jerky is better but they didn't have any there

I had a protein shake for breakfast about 6:15 this morning. Haven't eaten anything since. I am going to have catfish for dinner so I'll get more protein then. I have drank 32 oz. of water so far today so I'm doing good that way. I have been full of energy today and got a lot done around here. It's amazing how much more energy I have since losing weight. Love it!!!

Hello Debbie, How are you doing? I'm just getting back in town from speaking at a conference in Las Vegas. I'm just checking in on you.

Back