• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New to group

WVCari

I just discovered this group after some googling for some other information. Looks like a great resource! I’m Cari. I had lap band removal and conversion to gastric sleeve on 10/12/21. I seem to be on the slower side of losing, but my dr says this is expected with the conversion. I was 236 on surgery day, currently 216 for loss of 20 lbs. Slow and steady…… My goal weight is 150.

I feel great. I’ve had no issues to speak of. Having a little harder time getting my water in now that I have introduced solid foods. I feel like I’m either eating or drinking every moment. I work from home and frequently get distracted and realize I haven’t drank anything in a while.

Welcome. I am 7 months out and still find when I have a lot going on at work I forget to eat and drink. I have days I can't get in all my water because of this. Well not so great with the food all the time either.

Happy you are feeling well. sounds like you are doing well.

Welcome. I am 7 months out and still find when I have a lot going on at work I forget to eat and drink. I have days I can't get in all my water because of this. Well not so great with the food all the time either.

Happy you are feeling well. sounds like you are doing well.

i tend to chug water because im always running around at work, so im trying to remember to drink throughout the day so i get better after surgery. Such a learning curve!

Hi. My name is Amy. I had gastric bypass back in 2005. I lost a total of 186 pounds. Over the past 3 years I have gained back 100 pounds. It's very heartbreaking. I have many stressors in my life and I'm also bi polar. I have lost myself throughout the years. I have returned to the dieting cycle to no avail.

On November 24, 2021 I got in contact with a provider to see if a revision surgery is allowed. I have to attend a webinar for beginners that is conducted by the provider. This is mandatory prior to setting up an initial consult with him. I am looking forward to begin this journey once again.

Does anyone have any suggestions for getting on the right track this time? I have gone back to my pre op habits and don't know where to begin. I want to get a jump on this.

Hi. My name is Amy. I had gastric bypass back in 2005. I lost a total of 186 pounds. Over the past 3 years I have gained back 100 pounds. It's very heartbreaking. I have many stressors in my life and I'm also bi polar. I have lost myself throughout the years. I have returned to the dieting cycle to no avail.

On November 24, 2021 I got in contact with a provider to see if a revision surgery is allowed. I have to attend a webinar for beginners that is conducted by the provider. This is mandatory prior to setting up an initial consult with him. I am looking forward to begin this journey once again.

Does anyone have any suggestions for getting on the right track this time? I have gone back to my pre op habits and don't know where to begin. I want to get a jump on this.
I think that the way to have long term success with this is having mental and emotional support. That being said, I’m only a year out from bypass, so I have not lived through rough patches or massive stressors, but I know they’re coming (wouldn’t it be nice to have a warning? Lol). I wish you luck on getting revision!

I just discovered this group after some googling for some other information. Looks like a great resource! I’m Cari. I had lap band removal and conversion to gastric sleeve on 10/12/21. I seem to be on the slower side of losing, but my dr says this is expected with the conversion. I was 236 on surgery day, currently 216 for loss of 20 lbs. Slow and steady…… My goal weight is 150.
Hi Cari and welcome to the group. I'm so glad you found us. Congrats on losing 20 lbs so far. That is such a great accomplishment, with more great results to follow.

Drinking enough water is so important. Please try making it a top priority, tracking your ozs all day. Your health and continued weight loss depends on staying hydrated.

What part of WV are you from? I'm in the western part. Glad to meet you! Good luck.

I think that the way to have long term success with this is having mental and emotional support. That being said, I’m only a year out from bypass, so I have not lived through rough patches or massive stressors, but I know they’re coming (wouldn’t it be nice to have a warning? Lol). I wish you luck on getting revision!
Thank you. I plan on trying to post my journey. Maybe it could help others.

I'm glad you found this wonderful group Cari, welcome!! I had lapband conversion to sleeve as well. There is nothing wrong with slow and steady, just ask the tortoise!

Hi Amy, welcome! Congrats on your weight loss. I worry about regain as well. I do agree with 3Mom that the mental part is huge for success. Keep yourself connected with a good support group such as this one is vital as well. Good luck!

Hi Cari and welcome to the group. I'm so glad you found us. Congrats on losing 20 lbs so far. That is such a great accomplishment, with more great results to follow.

Drinking enough water is so important. Please try making it a top priority, tracking your ozs all day. Your health and continued weight loss depends on staying hydrated.

What part of WV are you from? I'm in the western part. Glad to meet you! Good luck.
I am in South Charleston.

Hi Amy & welcome. Please try to remember you have maintained an incredible 86 lb weight loss, which is such an accomplishment.

If you look in the additional resources section below the new posts section, you will find a helpful article, the 5 day pouch reset. This might be a good place to start getting back on track.

Please stay in touch. Best of luck as you restart your journey. ❤❤

Hey Cari I'm just a fer piece up the road in Huntington. Hope you had safe driving today - crazy black ice. Luckily I was home safe & warm.

So glad you are here and part of this caring, nonjudgmental support group. Please take care & stay in touch with us. ❤❤
Thankfully I didn’t have to drive anywhere. I currently work from home in my jammies . So far this group seems amazing. I was a part of a couple fb groups and couldn’t take it and deleted them. It is nice to have someone else in the journey that isn’t too far away.

Same here about having someone nearby here in Almost Heaven West by God. I hope you have as supportive a team as I do here from Cabell HH. We're both lucky to have top notch health care around here! And you definitely found a group that truly cares and reaches out to others, whether newbies or old(ish) friends.

Back