• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New to the group-Down 300lbs for 16 years and counting!!!

Teresa52

Bariatric Guru
I had gastric bypass surgery in 2000 by the Renowned Surgeon Dr. Mel Fobi, Hollywood's weight loss doctor to the star. I have successfully managed to keep off approximately 300 pounds for over 16 years. My journey has been long and challenging to say the least, but worth sharing. Although, I'm a professional speaker I'm here to listen, learn, and share because I care.

I had gastric bypass surgery in 2000 by the Renowned Surgeon Dr. Mel Fobi, Hollywood's weight loss doctor to the star. I have successfully managed to keep off approximately 300 pounds for over 16 years. My journey has been long and challenging to say the least, but worth sharing. Although, I'm a professional speaker I'm here to listen, learn, and share because I care.
Congrats on your successful weight loss journey.

Amazing!Thanks for the encouragement.

Teresa, congratulations. I had surgery in 2002 and lost 210 pounds. I put 90 pounds back on. I have been able to take 70 of those pounds off but I am really struggling with the last 20. I need some extra support or accountability or something. I exercise regularly 5 days a week. One of my downfalls is that I'm a stress eater and an emotional eater. There's been a lot of both in my life the last few months. My head knows all the right things to do!! How frustrating is that!!! Any suggestions or support you might be able to offer would be helpful. I have been looking for a bariatric surgery support group (post-op) to attend, but there are none in my area. So, I started searching online. Thank you so much. Suea6271

I had my VSG in 2015, my Mom passed in same year, My Brother passed in 2017 and since I’m a stress eater.........have put on 25lbs
:(. My Dad passed on 12/22/2018........struggling and want to take off weight and not put on more.......so hard as I reach for sugary things to console me.
Was 225 and was down to 125. Have put on 30 lbs due to stress/emotional eating. So frustrating and afraid of putting on more.

I had my VSG in 2015, my Mom passed in same year, My Brother passed in 2017 and since I’m a stress eater.........have put on 25lbs
:(. My Dad passed on 12/22/2018........struggling and want to take off weight and not put on more.......so hard as I reach for sugary things to console me.
Was 225 and was down to 125. Have put on 30 lbs due to stress/emotional eating. So frustrating and afraid of putting on more.

I started seeing physiologist before surgery as I’m a stress eater as well, you might consider getting help this way. It helped me

I have been struggling trying to get off the same 25 lb for 2 or 3 years now. I don't have an answer for you but I have had some success since I joined this group and asked for support. I lost 10 lb buyer returning to my soft food diet, the post bariatric phase that only live me to eat soft foods. I am still at it. You might try returning to that. Apparently there is something called a pouch reset. Mama Bear was telling me about it. It's really essentially what I'm doing returning to the post bariatric diet in order to cause your stomach to behave like it did in the beginning. I have had several episodes in the last couple of years where I didn't eat very well for a day or two and I could feel that my ability to eat I have had several episodes in the last couple of years where I didn't eat very well for a day or two and I could feel that my ability to eat had gone downhill. You don't want to have malnutrition but your system is set up to benefit from malabsorption. Write down your diet keep a diary and take those vitamins every single day. After that it's all about will power.

Back