• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New to the group

mprice294

Hello, My name is Mindy and I had gastric bypass back in May of 2014. I am down almost 85 pounds and I have been struggling lately with my kids and how they eat. I have to eat a certain way and can only eat a certain amount and cannot eat anything more than 15 grams of sugar or I risk the chance of getting sick. I am fine with all of this. I am achieving my weight loss and am happy with how things are going. All of my labs come back in the normal ranges and I am healthy!
Where I struggle is watching my family whine and cry about "starving" when they get home from school and devouring three sandwiches as soon as the walk through the door and then want supper within 2 hours from that!!! I want to scream at them how unhealthy they are eating and portion sizes and eating and drinking at the same time is not good because it washes the food through your body faster thereby denying you the nutrition you need from the food. It gets harder and harder to sit back and watch them eat like this.
I know my body is in an uproar and changing all the time from the amount of weight I have lost, and my hormones are probably out of balance. I know I am emotional as well (and yes my thyroids levels are perfect). So how do I control all these emotions? How do I not yell at my children (19, 15, and 11) explain to them what I am going through and how I hate to see them eating the way they do? I feel like I cannot talk to them (or my husband) because they are not going through what I am going through after having surgery. I am feeling lost and alone and frustrated. If anyone has suggestions or can help me, please do!!!!! My email is mprice294@gmail.com.

Sincerely,
Mindy

Back