• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New to the Journey

Lucky

Hi my name is Lucky. I started my journey on March 31, 2017. I had already lost 50 pounds so I started at goal weight. I have finally completed all my requirements. I am scheduled for surgery on May 23rd. I am busy re-reading all the books and trying to keep my weight down. I do have a ten pound buffer but don't want to do any thing that will jeopardize my date. I was pleasantly surprised when I returned from a seven-day cruise and had only gained one and one half pounds (I just guessed on the portion sizes and had a real desert a few times). This site is very encouraging. I am excited about the surgery and I am planning to follow the rules so I don't have to go back to the hospital. Good luck to all of you who have found the commitment and strength to take this journey. It is not an easy one. I have failed so many in the past when trying to lose weight. The initial weight loss has given me a sense of accomplishment. I really feel like I am ready now. Take care.

My surgery is scheduled May 18,2017 just started full liquid diet for two weeks, not easy not being able to chew. I am excited and nervous, but I am doing this surgery for my health. All my doctors said I will feel so much better. So my goal is to be able to breath better and prevent diabetes, I am prediabetic and to take weight off my joints. I fractured my ankle three years ago and had a knee replacement two years ago. After the ankle I began to gain this excess weight and have been unable to shed the pounds since and due to that had other problems, so I am looking forward to a healthier life. Wish you luck on your journey!

My surgery is scheduled May 18,2017 just started full liquid diet for two weeks, not easy not being able to chew. I am excited and nervous, but I am doing this surgery for my health. All my doctors said I will feel so much better. So my goal is to be able to breath better and prevent diabetes, I am prediabetic and to take weight off my joints. I fractured my ankle three years ago and had a knee replacement two years ago. After the ankle I began to gain this excess weight and have been unable to shed the pounds since and due to that had other problems, so I am looking forward to a healthier life. Wish you luck on your journey!
Joyce, my thoughts will be with you on the 18th. You ard going to feel so much bettet. The weight is murder on your joints and back. My knees were a factor in my journey. Keep sipping and traveling on your journey. Keep us posted.

T
Joyce, my thoughts will be with you on the 18th. You ard going to feel so much bettet. The weight is murder on your joints and back. My knees were a factor in my journey. Keep sipping and traveling on your journey. Keep us posted.
Thanks for your positive input!,

Lucky and Joy, good luck with your surgeries. I had gastric bypass on 12/6/16. Best thing I could have ever done. Hardest part were the 5 weeks post op. I had a very difficult time with liquid and soft food diets. I am a chewer I guess.

Hi my name is Lucky. I started my journey on March 31, 2017. I had already lost 50 pounds so I started at goal weight. I have finally completed all my requirements. I am scheduled for surgery on May 23rd. I am busy re-reading all the books and trying to keep my weight down. I do have a ten pound buffer but don't want to do any thing that will jeopardize my date. I was pleasantly surprised when I returned from a seven-day cruise and had only gained one and one half pounds (I just guessed on the portion sizes and had a real desert a few times). This site is very encouraging. I am excited about the surgery and I am planning to follow the rules so I don't have to go back to the hospital. Good luck to all of you who have found the commitment and strength to take this journey. It is not an easy one. I have failed so many in the past when trying to lose weight. The initial weight loss has given me a sense of accomplishment. I really feel like I am ready now. Take care.
good luck, not that you will need it, it was the best decision i made in a very long time, so happy you are about to make the major change

Back