• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New to the Site

Douglas Naumann

I am just starting my journey. I went to a seminar and my first Dr. visit on 8/29/16. They said I would be there 2-3 hours. I know I am going to be accepted for the surgery since my BMI has been higher than 40 since 2012, plus I have Diabetes Type 2 (insulin dependent), high blood pressure, high cholesterol, non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, and metabolic syndrome x. I'll be searching the site before I start posting, so Hi Ya'll

Doug

Hello Doug, and welcome to the American Bariatrics Forum! I'm sure you will find the advice and information provided on the site to be very helpful along your weight loss journey. Congratulations on taking this big step in your life towards a healthier lifestyle! Please keep us all updated on your progress. Remember, you can do it!!

I am just starting my journey. I went to a seminar and my first Dr. visit on 8/29/16. They said I would be there 2-3 hours. I know I am going to be accepted for the surgery since my BMI has been higher than 40 since 2012, plus I have Diabetes Type 2 (insulin dependent), high blood pressure, high cholesterol, non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, and metabolic syndrome x. I'll be searching the site before I start posting, so Hi Ya'll

Doug
Due to the holiday, my surgeon didn't do any surgeries so mine had to be postponed. I now have a pre-op on December 19th. I was told by my my patient advocate that I will have surgery set that day!

Hello Doug, and welcome to the American Bariatrics Forum! I'm sure you will find the advice and information provided on the site to be very helpful along your weight loss journey. Congratulations on taking this big step in your life towards a healthier lifestyle! Please keep us all updated on your progress. Remember, you can do it!!

Pro-op December 19, thats when I get a surgery date.

Doug

Thanks for the warm welcome. I notice there are posts from 2013 to 2016. Is there a way search just the new posts?

Yes Douglas, when you open up the forum you should see that some of the thread titles are in bold print. That means that they have a new post or comment in them. Also, you can click on the 'New Posts' tab at the top to search the threads by the most recently commented. Hope this helps! :)

Back