• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New Toy, Great way to help the journey especially for us control freaks, LOL ;)

My hubby bought me a Fit Bit..... LOVE IT

I can now track my walking, steps, water consumption, calories burned, calories in vs calories spent on exercise and all sorts of other cool things.

I really like the fact that I can monitor what I am eating, how much I am eating, calories consumed, fat consumed, protein consumed + my sleep patterns.

What is working for me is the fact I have to sit down and log in what food and amounts I have consumed at each meal + snacks. By doing this it is helping my fat / obese brain to slow down and see that my body is performing optimally and that is shifting my attitudes and views about food into a positive light.
The program and tracker is another great to help you become aware of what your body is doing and how well it is doing it.
The Fit Bit personal log site includes the nutritional information for restaurant foods, fresh foods, and all sorts of Branded foods as well as allows you to customize the serving size. There is even an area where you can add your own personal nutritional outline of foods that are not no the site yet...

I am now learning to deal with the fact my brain has not caught up with my physical size... What my brain sees size wise and what my size actually is are out of sync. My therapist, she is 11 years out from gastric by pass and gets it) told me to make sure that I stop wearing my fat clothes and huge tee shirts and to start wearing clothes that fit me correctly so my brain can see that my body is smaller so the 2 can get into sync.

I am having issues accepting compliments from people and am not sure how to react when I am whistled at by strangers while out on my walk. My therapist said it takes some time for everything to sync...

I am however enjoying this journey.

Nice gift! I'm for anything that makes tracking easier. Kudos to your hubby. :)
You've lost a lot of weight, congratulations! You must feel amazing. I understand what you mean about the brain having to sync up with the body, though. I have seen myself reflected in windows and mirrors while out and about and did not immediately recognize myself.

Nice gift! I'm for anything that makes tracking easier. Kudos to your hubby. :)
You've lost a lot of weight, congratulations! You must feel amazing. I understand what you mean about the brain having to sync up with the body, though. I have seen myself reflected in windows and mirrors while out and about and did not immediately recognize myself.

I still have moments like that.. My weight loss therapist said it can take a year or so to get used to that.
She said it is very important that we wear clothes that fit us reasonably well.. She said to stay away from loose, baggy clothing.. She is like almost 11 years out from her RNY...

Thank you Laura Leigh, my hubby is awesome.... :)

He has been my foundation through many things in life and is an awesome support buddy before, during and through the continuation of my weight loss journey.. He definitely keeps my head on tight, LOL..

My hubby bought me a Fit Bit..... LOVE IT

I can now track my walking, steps, water consumption, calories burned, calories in vs calories spent on exercise and all sorts of other cool things.

I really like the fact that I can monitor what I am eating, how much I am eating, calories consumed, fat consumed, protein consumed + my sleep patterns.

What is working for me is the fact I have to sit down and log in what food and amounts I have consumed at each meal + snacks. By doing this it is helping my fat / obese brain to slow down and see that my body is performing optimally and that is shifting my attitudes and views about food into a positive light.
The program and tracker is another great to help you become aware of what your body is doing and how well it is doing it.
The Fit Bit personal log site includes the nutritional information for restaurant foods, fresh foods, and all sorts of Branded foods as well as allows you to customize the serving size. There is even an area where you can add your own personal nutritional outline of foods that are not no the site yet...

I am now learning to deal with the fact my brain has not caught up with my physical size... What my brain sees size wise and what my size actually is are out of sync. My therapist, she is 11 years out from gastric by pass and gets it) told me to make sure that I stop wearing my fat clothes and huge tee shirts and to start wearing clothes that fit me correctly so my brain can see that my body is smaller so the 2 can get into sync.

I am having issues accepting compliments from people and am not sure how to react when I am whistled at by strangers while out on my walk. My therapist said it takes some time for everything to sync...

I am however enjoying this journey.

Go for it.

I use www.caloriecount.com.

Same idea. Account for everything. It makes you aware and you learn to manage your intake better as well as making sure you get your exercise in and see the results.

Go for it!

Ralph

I use Calorie Count and Polar ht60. I love that with the heart rate monitor I know exactly how many calories are burned. It also help me set and keep weekly workout goals.

Best of luck to all

I use Calorie Count and Polar ht60. I love that with the heart rate monitor I know exactly how many calories are burned. It also help me set and keep weekly workout goals.

Best of luck to all

I started with a Polar. I did not like the fact that I was not able to track my daily water intake, caloric intake, calories burned ratio to calories in, steps plus vigorous work out minutes per day... The fitbit also tracks your hours of sleep per night, restlessness periods and awake period throughout the night..

I started with a Polar. I did not like the fact that I was not able to track my daily water intake, caloric intake, calories burned ratio to calories in, steps plus vigorous work out minutes per day... The fitbit also tracks your hours of sleep per night, restlessness periods and awake period throughout the night..

It looks like a real nice tool to have. Hmmmmm

Now I am jealous!

:)

stinkerBelle it sounds like you are enjoying your fitbit. I hope it helps to keep you as motivated as my personal train has for me. It is great to see yourself change and become more fit. I know for me working out without it is no happening lol. It is great having a way to track everything.
I did 1.75 hours of working out today, 9000 steps and have a calorie deficit of -1367 kcalories. I am so close to the 180's it is exciting.
Best of luck and keep us informed how you are doing. :)

Which fit it did you get? Was it hard to get it set up? How would you rate it so far. I'm thinking about getting the Flex but I'm not that tech savvy. I find Calorie Count difficult to use so if you know this site maybe you could give me a comparison. Right now I use Calorie King and pencil & paper.

Which fit it did you get? Was it hard to get it set up? How would you rate it so far. I'm thinking about getting the Flex but I'm not that tech savvy. I find Calorie Count difficult to use so if you know this site maybe you could give me a comparison. Right now I use Calorie King and pencil & paper.

I have the flex and it is pretty simple to use...

WHat I really like is on your tracking page they have a link that takes you to foods listed by restaurant, brand, calorie contents of most common foods and you can customize your foods by brand, fresh, etc.
All you do is plug in the USB cable into your computer and when it is time to check your stats and add your meals the you sit at the computer click the FitBit logo on your computer and the USB automatically syncs the FitBit to your computer and page then you go on and do your thing with your foods, amounts which meal and snacks.
It takes a very minimal amount of time to get it all figured out. It is more about taking the time to read the links and play with it some... Nothing to hard at all.

OH and you can print reports to take to your Surgeon and Dr's to show them exactly what your consuming, calories in, calories out, water consumption, foods and types of foods your eating, level of activity and some other cool information..

Personally I like the fact it makes me sit down, take the time to give my full attention to my exercise habits and food rituals. This has been helping with getting my brain trained to the importance of exercise and fuel needs of my body..

Back