• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New Video of a TV segment with My Surgeon Dr. Neil Floch

Does anyone have suggestions about journeling and or keeping a food and activity diary? I just keep procrastinating. I start and stop over and over. I'm on week #5...still in liquid and puree stage... enjoying weight loss...not yet got exercise going regular too much snow to walk....have dropped a lot of old habits like caffeine but wouldn't have if not for the surgery (grateful for that!). Enjoying Linney's videos...hope when I get to my goals I'll be able to help others too.

Hi Exoticbird,

Thank you for your feedback regarding my videos. It's much appreciated. When I first began my journey at home and was still walking with a cane at that point in time, I walked inside the house. It's essential to your healing and getting slowly into the routine of becoming "active" once again. As the weight continues to come off of your body, you'll become more energetic and will want to move a little more each day until you reach a point where you'll want to move all of the time. The process is slow since most of us were not used to moving a lot during our morbidly obese existence. Purchase a blank book and date each day on each page. Write down what you're taking in such as the amount of protein and how much protein. Log the time that you are taking in your pureed foods as well. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate too since it will keep your bodily functions working at their best and also remember protein is a healing agent. Write down how you feel on that day as well, if you're tired, happy, sad, etc. elaborate on how you feel and if you lost any weight. Monitor everything you're doing so down the road, you can look back and see how far you've come on your journey. You'll do great as long as you listen to your surgeon and their team. They are experts in this field and can assist you on the road ahead. You will reach goal if that's your true intention. One day at a time will bring you closer and closer to your dream! Stay focused, be patient, and watch the new you emerge before your eyes! It's not easy in the beginning, but anything that takes personal struggle, results in an awesome destination! May you become the person you were born to be and more! Love and Hugs, Linney xxoo

Hi Exoticbird,

Thank you for your feedback regarding my videos. It's much appreciated. When I first began my journey at home and was still walking with a cane at that point in time, I walked inside the house. It's essential to your healing and getting slowly into the routine of becoming "active" once again. As the weight continues to come off of your body, you'll become more energetic and will want to move a little more each day until you reach a point where you'll want to move all of the time. The process is slow since most of us were not used to moving a lot during our morbidly obese existence. Purchase a blank book and date each day on each page. Write down what you're taking in such as the amount of protein and how much protein. Log the time that you are taking in your pureed foods as well. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate too since it will keep your bodily functions working at their best and also remember protein is a healing agent. Write down how you feel on that day as well, if you're tired, happy, sad, etc. elaborate on how you feel and if you lost any weight. Monitor everything you're doing so down the road, you can look back and see how far you've come on your journey. You'll do great as long as you listen to your surgeon and their team. They are experts in this field and can assist you on the road ahead. You will reach goal if that's your true intention. One day at a time will bring you closer and closer to your dream! Stay focused, be patient, and watch the new you emerge before your eyes! It's not easy in the beginning, but anything that takes personal struggle, results in an awesome destination! May you become the person you were born to be and more! Love and Hugs, Linney xxoo

Hi Exoticbird,

What awesome suggestions given to you by Linney.

Also, as far as a real good activity journal, try out www.caloriecount.com. You can journal all your foods. It has an excellent database. It will calculate everything for you. You can journal all your activity as well. Also, you can record your weight either daily , weekly or whenever you want. At the end of a day you complete a day by recording your remarks for that day. So, you can get the notebook Linney is talking about and use it in combination with www.caloriecount.com.

Thanks for the suggestions and encouragement. I've got my notebook and I'm staying focused, not perfect but getting into a routine. Had my one month doctor appointment this week down 27 pounds and feeling good. I am so impressed with both of your weight loss figures and it is hard for me to imagine loosing that much tonight but I know that I will because this surgery is going to be successful. When you've tried so many times and failed this does seem like a dream. I'm not close to a support group but online support is good too and everyone is so helpful and kind.

Thanks for the suggestions and encouragement. I've got my notebook and I'm staying focused, not perfect but getting into a routine. Had my one month doctor appointment this week down 27 pounds and feeling good. I am so impressed with both of your weight loss figures and it is hard for me to imagine loosing that much tonight but I know that I will because this surgery is going to be successful. When you've tried so many times and failed this does seem like a dream. I'm not close to a support group but online support is good too and everyone is so helpful and kind.

You will do fine. Keep coming here and we will cheer you on.

Lots of good and successful people here to hang around with regardless of our geographic location.

We are all following the same journey now. We are here to support each other. Soon you will be posting and helping out someone as well.

Ralph

Back