• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

newbee; Hi to all

Rose1964

:D Hello to everyone, my name is Rose1964 and this is my first time posting here.
I do have a question though. I have lost 73 lbs since my surgey on June 5th 2012. But for the past 3 months I yo-yo from 220 to 228. I was a size 26 now I'm a 16 / 18. My question is ...could I be at my bodies platou or am I juist stuck?Have I lost enough weight to be at my platou?
I am comfortable at this size butr would really preffer to lose another 20 to 28 lbe to be at 199.
I appreciate any information someone could give me. I look forward to metting all of you.
Thanks in advance, Rose 1964:)

Hi Rose,

I would assume you are at a plateau. Now is the time to really be faithful to your nutrition plan making sure you get all your protein and water in. Exercise is of course always important. If you stick to the program the weight will come off, but probably much slower than it did right after surgery. It takes time for the body to sort of catch up and start losing weight again. Good luck and welcome to the forum. Others may have much better answers or suggestions so keep asking and visit often to just vent if you need to.

thanks Javajoy

:) I appreciate your response.I am slipping a little on the water but getting plenty of protien and walking daily for exercise.
from what you told me i was guessing right about the plateou,I will start back up on water full time again and no carbs...i do watch those carbs though.I need to have more pacience i guess and harder work.
Thanks again for responding to my post, rose1964

Back