• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

NewBee to the group

BonnieJo

Hello, I am 40 years old and have been overweight all of my life. At least as far back as I remember. I have been in the insurance prerequisite stage for about 3 months now, and scheduled the information seminar, then will be scheduled soon after for my initial consultation with the surgeon. I could probably have surgery late May or early June, but am choosing to wait until early July because I want to be able to enjoy food and drinks for my wedding and on honeymoon in June.

Welcome to the group. I am almost at the end of a 6-month program to be considered for weight loss surgery. The thing that is holding me up is my Psychology evaluation. The earliest opening is 3/26/18. BonnieJo, this is a great support site with caring members. I never thought I would get this far. It was with the support of the members here that I have been successful. You'll enjoy this support site. Best wishes on your wedding and upcoming surgery. :)

Hello, I am 40 years old and have been overweight all of my life. At least as far back as I remember. I have been in the insurance prerequisite stage for about 3 months now, and scheduled the information seminar, then will be scheduled soon after for my initial consultation with the surgeon. I could probably have surgery late May or early June, but am choosing to wait until early July because I want to be able to enjoy food and drinks for my wedding and on honeymoon in June.
I think I would have waited until after the wedding to , good luck on you journey and cheers to a happy marriage.

Back