• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Newbie from Illinois

Daner

Hi everyone! My name is Dana, I'm 42 and am hoping to get a surgery date fairly soon.

I'm on month 5 of the 6 month waiting period for insurance. I have Medicaid so I'm hoping they will okay me. Very nervous about that.

I meet with a nutritionist and surgeon tomorrow for a check up. Then in October I will have my psych consult and am nervous about that as well lol.

Not too worried about the actual surgery right now though.

The place I'm going through is called Carle hospital. But they've not offered much support at all. So I've been left in my own to figure stuff out and it's been very hard. I've not lost but gained about 5 pounds. It's discouraging and makes me worry even more

The only good thing is my niece is going through this herself. Only at a different place as she's in Indiana. Her team has been fantastic and she shares all the info she gets with me lol.

So overall nervous but hopeful.

Hi Dana and thanks for joining our forum! I'm sure you will find that there are many wonderful people on here to offer great advice and support. It sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now and we are all here to help you through it! Please keep us all updated on your weight loss journey. We're all rooting for you!! :)

The psych evaluation is a breeze. You will take a test to see if you are ready emotionally for this life changing event. Like you, I was nervous about the evaluation too as I'm BiPolar and I thought it would be held against me. Thankfully not. I'm sorry you are not getting the support you need locally. I would be more than happy to be a long distance buddy, along with your niece. You can always email me at chrisseese2@yahoo.com. I'm Chris by the way. Good luck if I don't hear from you.

H
Hi everyone! My name is Dana, I'm 42 and am hoping to get a surgery date fairly soon.

I'm on month 5 of the 6 month waiting period for insurance. I have Medicaid so I'm hoping they will okay me. Very nervous about that.

I meet with a nutritionist and surgeon tomorrow for a check up. Then in October I will have my psych consult and am nervous about that as well lol.

Not too worried about the actual surgery right now though.

The place I'm going through is called Carle hospital. But they've not offered much support at all. So I've been left in my own to figure stuff out and it's been very hard. I've not lost but gained about 5 pounds. It's discouraging and makes me worry even more

The only good thing is my niece is going through this herself. Only at a different place as she's in Indiana. Her team has been fantastic and she shares all the info she gets with me lol.

So overall nervous but hopeful.
i

Hi Dana, sorry to hear you are not getting the support you need for your surgical team. My team has been fantastic. I had my surgery at Rockford Memorial Hospital. The coordinator had the gastric sleeve done about 2 years ago and she was very helpful. This is a big decision, and you need all the support you can get. You can also email me any time you want at elginreyna@yahoo.com. You will be fine. My biggest help is my faith.

Back