• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Newbie from upstate NY

myfurrybabies

Good evening, I am new here. I had RNY on 12/07. I am almost 4 weeks post op. I am having a hard time getting in my daily protein intake. All protein shakes taste nasty to me. I have tried different brands, making smoothies, adding sugar free fat free instant pudding. Nothing works. I get about half of the shake down and i cant drink anymore. I am also becoming discouraged because im not losing any weight. I have read so many reasons why i am not losing. I am open to any suggestions or info.

Good evening, I am new here. I had RNY on 12/07. I am almost 4 weeks post op. I am having a hard time getting in my daily protein intake. All protein shakes taste nasty to me. I have tried different brands, making smoothies, adding sugar free fat free instant pudding. Nothing works. I get about half of the shake down and i cant drink anymore. I am also becoming discouraged because im not losing any weight. I have read so many reasons why i am not losing. I am open to any suggestions or info.
I have tried many protein shakes as well. The only only one I like is Unjury chocolate.

Doug

The shakes get old quickly but there are many other sources of protein.
I am at 60 days tomorrow and am eating eggs,chicken,veg beef soup,soft meats and anything I can chew and eat slowly.
Down 75 lbs from my starting weight in Oct.
I have not had any dumping issues and all the pain from my surgery is gone.
I need to exercise more and that is my goal this year.

I would suggest Gen pro medical grade protien powder. Mix tablespoon in 8 Oz's of Crystal lite.. that's 30 grams of protein each drink. It is tasteless and oder less. I have mixed it in water to, changes the color of water a little but you don't taste it. Works good in puddings or put some in SF jello when you make it. Works in everything.

Back