• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Newbie having surgery in 2 weeks.

NewDaze

Hi all! As my surgery date for gastric sleeve approaches quickly (May 30th) I thought it might be a good idea to get some tips and tricks from people who have already been through it. I'm having my pre-op appointments on Wednesday then start my liquid diet on 22nd. Luckily I only have to do it for one week but I'm worried about not being able to eat for that week...how did you guys make it? Any pre-op/post-op tips? What were some items you were happy you had after your surgery? What items did you wish you would have had? How long was your recovery?

The liquid diet is the worst, but once you get through that you will be fine, I did it for 2 weeks before and i survived, those protein drinks really do fill you up so you won't be hungry, so that is a plus, I hope by this point you have found a protein drink you like, the premier drinks are what I had, I liked them, and I still eat them for lunch now, even though it has been since December that I had surgery, normally only during the work week, they are quick and easy to grab and go and they have 30 grams of protein so that is a plus, good luck on your journey, we are all here to help you

Hi all! As my surgery date for gastric sleeve approaches quickly (May 30th) I thought it might be a good idea to get some tips and tricks from people who have already been through it. I'm having my pre-op appointments on Wednesday then start my liquid diet on 22nd. Luckily I only have to do it for one week but I'm worried about not being able to eat for that week...how did you guys make it? Any pre-op/post-op tips? What were some items you were happy you had after your surgery? What items did you wish you would have had? How long was your recovery?

NewDaze,

I am new too. Just wanted to shout out a welcome and good luck.

Back