• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Newbie onboard

I have perfected my mint chocolate chip shake. Its chocolate pure protein with a half cap of peppermint extract. It is so yummy. I experiment around with my vanilla. I have a bunch of different sf liquid addins. My favorite is strawberry watermelon in the vanilla

Hope your using alcohol free flavorings....

Be excited and encouraged that you're moving in a new direction with your life! Life is wonderful and sweet when you reap the rewards of your hard-earned determination. Every day, month, and year will take you to a new place and a new you! Remain focused on your day to day journey, and as the weight begins to come off, your mind, body, and soul will emerge into a vibrant being once again! You may feel "buyers remorse" at first, but as time keeps moving forward, you'll forget the initial stages which are the hardest hurdles to jump over! Have a wonderful journey and remember it's One Day At a Time! xx Linney

Read my blogs when you are on this site. I love to reach out to this community to offer support, inspiration, and motivation!

Hello everyone I am new here as well. I am in the pre-op clearance phase and don't have a surgery date yet. But I have started the protein shakes and the vitamins I am definitely looking forward to my new life. I'm also excited to meet people who are going through the same thing I am, it is so helpful to have positive support no matter where I turn. I have already read one post with a great idea adding the Crystal Light to the protein shakes, what a great idea.......I knew I was headed to the right support site, so happy to be here!

Yes, congratulations for starting a new way of life. I will be post op 8 weeks this coming Monday 12/30/2013. I am feeling so much better already.

Yes, I have had weight plateaus already too; they generally last about 3-5 days for me right now and then all of a sudden I drop another 5-7 pounds just like that.

Sometimes I cannot help but think my old weightwatchers scale is playing games with me. Nevertheless, the trend is downward.

Be excited and encouraged that you're moving in a new direction with your life! Life is wonderful and sweet when you reap the rewards of your hard-earned determination. Every day, month, and year will take you to a new place and a new you! Remain focused on your day to day journey, and as the weight begins to come off, your mind, body, and soul will emerge into a vibrant being once again! You may feel "buyers remorse" at first, but as time keeps moving forward, you'll forget the initial stages which are the hardest hurdles to jump over! Have a wonderful journey and remember it's One Day At a Time! xx Linney

Wow, you look terrific. Again, you and others (Frank) that have been down the road a bit give us all incentive to do the best we can. If you don't mind me asking, did you require any cosmetic surgery to rid yourself of excess skin?

Thanks,

Ralph

Hello everyone I am new here as well. I am in the pre-op clearance phase and don't have a surgery date yet. But I have started the protein shakes and the vitamins I am definitely looking forward to my new life. I'm also excited to meet people who are going through the same thing I am, it is so helpful to have positive support no matter where I turn. I have already read one post with a great idea adding the Crystal Light to the protein shakes, what a great idea.......I knew I was headed to the right support site, so happy to be here!

WELCOME to the Forum!!! I love Crystal Light Rasberry mixed with Vanilla Whey Protein shakes, too. I use the powder and put a half a packet in one shake and it tastes delicious to me. :) Good Luck with your coming surgery. It's a great trip to a new improved healthy life :) We are all here to help and support each other!!

Back