• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Newbie with a surgery date

puglover

Good morning all. I am totally new here. I was trying to find a support group near me that fit my schedule, and I landed here. I just had my preop appointment yesterday. This is really happening....on Jun 13!! I am going to have the sleeve.

Based upon their data, I have 67 pounds of fat, which is about right. I know that doesn't seem like a lot of weight compared to others, but I've lost and gained 100's of pounds over my lifetime, and it won't stay off. I am trying to give myself another tool to make it happen. My blood pressure has been creeping up over the years, new medications have been added, and I want to be healthy for my family.

I feel like I have my head wrapped around what needs to be done. I am excited about learning to eat again. I am totally stoked that I will have 5-6 weeks off from work because of summer break, so I will be utilizing this time to get my prepping routine down, my vitamin routine, and pretty much everything else!

I am excited that my scrubs will fit more loosely (hopefully) when I come back to school (I am a school nurse), and I may have to buy new winter clothes.

Mostly, I am excited to get on my bike again without my belly being in the way. I am excited to start moving again and having better mobility. This is going to be amazing!

I hope that you are all as excited as I am. I hope that we can all find the support that we need within this group. I hope that we all stay safe during our surgery, and they we have few difficulties. Blessings to you all!

Good morning all. I am totally new here. I was trying to find a support group near me that fit my schedule, and I landed here. I just had my preop appointment yesterday. This is really happening....on Jun 13!! I am going to have the sleeve.

Based upon their data, I have 67 pounds of fat, which is about right. I know that doesn't seem like a lot of weight compared to others, but I've lost and gained 100's of pounds over my lifetime, and it won't stay off. I am trying to give myself another tool to make it happen. My blood pressure has been creeping up over the years, new medications have been added, and I want to be healthy for my family.

I feel like I have my head wrapped around what needs to be done. I am excited about learning to eat again. I am totally stoked that I will have 5-6 weeks off from work because of summer break, so I will be utilizing this time to get my prepping routine down, my vitamin routine, and pretty much everything else!

I am excited that my scrubs will fit more loosely (hopefully) when I come back to school (I am a school nurse), and I may have to buy new winter clothes.

Mostly, I am excited to get on my bike again without my belly being in the way. I am excited to start moving again and having better mobility. This is going to be amazing!

I hope that you are all as excited as I am. I hope that we can all find the support that we need within this group. I hope that we all stay safe during our surgery, and they we have few difficulties. Blessings to you all!

Thank you for saying everything I am feeling. My surgery is scheduled for Monday, June 12th, and I am nervous and excited.

Back