• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Kimmy690

Hello everyone my name is Kim and I had the Gastric Sleeve done on 09/23/2022. I have been struggling with a lot of nausea and very little appetite, in fact, the thought of food makes me feel sick. It has been challenging even getting in my vitamins because of nausea I have been experiencing. It is a sickening feeling in the pit of my stomach, where I feel like I'm about to vomit constantly. My surgeon had scheduled me for 2 rounds of Intravenous infusion and that did help a lot. Since then I have been making sure to stay on top of my fluids, even though the only thing that I enjoy these days is plain water since everything tastes too sweet to me since my surgery. I have been basically surviving on sugar-free popsicles and water. Anything else feels too heavy on my stomach. Has anyone else experienced this??? I would love to get any suggestions, please.

Hello I am Kim too. hehe
Sorry you are struggling. Have you disgusted this with your team? There could be a medical reason and their are definitely medications to help with nausea so you shouldn't have to suffer.
It is common for people to lose their appetite after surgery. (with sleeve and bypass). My Dietician says to use it to our advantage. Take this time to learn new eating habits and maintain a schedule so when the hunger returns your mind is already trained. I am 8 months post-op and still never really get hungry, just head hunger once in a while when I just want a snack.

Good luck, I hope you feel better soon!

Back