• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hi! I just had gastric bypass on the 10th. Let me tell you, I am so sick of the protein shakes! My doctor recommends I only use their specific brand for the first two weeks. Well, Thursday I started vomiting each time cuz I'm so sick of the same ones. I've have to mix it up or I'm never gonna make it to my two-week post-op appt. I cannot wait to try some food :)
The protein is the worst..

Hi..I had a lot of health issues and plus I want to live life more abundantly and I couldn't in the state I was in.
I know what you mean. I want a better life that's more active. Can't do that yet. My best friend say we're going on vacation when this is all over with. I don't think she knows it's going to take a while.

I know what you mean. I want a better life that's more active. Can't do that yet. My best friend say we're going on vacation when this is all over with. I don't think she knows it's going to take a while.
Definitely is.. It's a process.. Today marks 1 week for me and I still can't get in all my fluids..

Hi! I just had gastric bypass on the 10th. Let me tell you, I am so sick of the protein shakes! My doctor recommends I only use their specific brand for the first two weeks. Well, Thursday I started vomiting each time cuz I'm so sick of the same ones. I've have to mix it up or I'm never gonna make it to my two-week post-op appt. I cannot wait to try some food :)
Have you tried to freeze the shake and eat it like ice cream... I find it is nice to try and change things up if possible.... I use premier shakes and the tasteless powder that Gene Pro puts out... Its medical grade...

Have you tried to freeze the shake and eat it like ice cream... I find it is nice to try and change things up if possible.... I use premier shakes and the tasteless powder that Gene Pro puts out... Its medical grade...
Haven't tried freezing them but sounds like a great idea..

Definitely is.. It's a process.. Today marks 1 week for me and I still can't get in all my fluids..
You know my dietitian is really stressing the liquids to me. He said they don't want me back in the hospital for dehydration again. Yeah, let's not do that again. So it's hard to get in all your liquids?

You know my dietitian is really stressing the liquids to me. He said they don't want me back in the hospital for dehydration again. Yeah, let's not do that again. So it's hard to get in all your liquids?
You right and I definitely don't want to go back but it seems impossible to me.

My doctor told me I couldn't have anything too cold yet, so if I froze it I would have to let it melt some. Luckily I only have to make it til tomorrow!

You right and I definitely don't want to go back but it seems impossible to me.
Keep trying anyways you'll get closer and closer and then you'll make it and then you'll wonder why you had trouble. My dietitian wants me drinking lots of liquid so I'm drinking like 136oz a day. I'm pre surgery. So I'm wondering if I'll get enough liquid when I'm post surgery. Cause that's a lot of water that I drink. 136oz is crazy.

Keep trying anyways you'll get closer and closer and then you'll make it and then you'll wonder why you had trouble. My dietitian wants me drinking lots of liquid so I'm drinking like 136oz a day. I'm pre surgery. So I'm wondering if I'll get enough liquid when I'm post surgery. Cause that's a lot of water that I drink. 136oz is crazy.
Before surgery I drank all the time. Water, water water but now I find it very hard. I am trying tho

It's very weird.. I told my son it sort of feel like you have to learn how to to eat all over again.. Lol
Yeah, I've heard that. I told my dado that meals are suppose to last 30 minutes and he rolled his eyes and said "Yeah right." He doesn't get it. He's also the biggest saboteur I have. He's always trying to offer me candy and stuff. He tells me things like I don't have to be so careful with my food or document all of it. He's just terrible.

Back