• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Mlbolivar

Hello everyone I just had my sleeve done on Monday my biggest obstacle is eating, I'm up almost every hour to hour and a half throughout the night and drink my protein 2 Oz or a bit more ☹ in addition I'm not sleeping well at all I feel like my stomach is an empty tin can with a pebble inside for now im sleeping in the sitting position. I did see some post about an abdominal binder and will be sure into buying one tomorrow. All tips are welcome help!

Hello and welcome. Those first couple weeks can be rough. I cannot tell you how much the binder helped me. It holds everything in place so it's not moving all the time, causing pain. I also slept in mine. Are you up drinking protein because you are feeling hungry/thirsty or because you can't get enough protein in during the day? If it's due to lack of protein, get a clear protein drink with a higher protein count. There are some (I used Isopure Zero Carb) that have 40g of protein per 20oz bottle. Or you can buy a clear protein powder and double the amount of powder to water ratio to get where you need to be. Good luck

I did see some post about an abdominal binder and will be sure into buying one tomorrow. All tips are welcome help!
You're gonna love that binder.

And even as I'm writing this post, your body is healing. We've all been there. It gets better, then it gets BETTER!!!!

ps: I'm wearing my ratty old binder right now, to ease my lower back pain while I clean house. Still works!

Back