• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

newme55

newme55

Hi Blackjack, I am Krista and I had gastric bypass (RNY) on Feb 8th, 2012. I have lost 63 lbs total. 30 since surgery. I have very few food that my stomach wants to accept, so I stick to those foods and drink 2 Bariatric Advantage Protien shakes per day. When did you have surgery and what type? I am just now starting to have some energy. I have been very weak up to this month. Did you go to Western Bariatric Institute? I did. My surgeon was Dr. Ganser. Good to have local contacts. Thanks for sighning on. Hope to hear from you soon. Kris

newme55 congratulations on your great weight loss so fast. wow i bet you feel like a millions bucks, getting to wear smaller clothes and I am sure you are feeling alot better too.
are you still having to consume protein drinks and no food? I am still trying to find protein drinks I like, tried a tropcial punch protein shot mixed it with kool aide and diet sugar and it wasn't too bad, but doesn't have alot of protein points I think I would have to consume at least 4 of them a day to get my full 80 gr. of protein. I quess you learn my trial and error, will keep trying different ones for I know once I have the surgery I'll have to drink them quite a bit. hope things continue to go well for you.
donna

Donna, I drink the Meal Replacement Shakes from Western Bariatric Institute here in Reno were I had surgery. Look up WBI.com and you can order them over the internet and get it shiped to you. It is $27.00 and last about 2 months. It is powder that you mix with water. 27 grams of protein a drink. Taste greatl Comes in Chocolate, Strawberry, Vanilla, Bannana. I can eat anything but read meat...but my tummy doesn't want to take many foods...so I am limited to a few that settle well...I stick to them. I wasn't getting enough protein so I added two shakes a day. Don't be ashamed of your weight ...it is less than you did weight! Keep up the good work! Kris
'

newme55 thanks for info,I will check it out today thanks again

Donna, I drink the Meal Replacement Shakes from Western Bariatric Institute here in Reno were I had surgery. Look up WBI.com and you can order them over the internet and get it shiped to you. It is $27.00 and last about 2 months. It is powder that you mix with water. 27 grams of protein a drink. Taste greatl Comes in Chocolate, Strawberry, Vanilla, Bannana. I can eat anything but read meat...but my tummy doesn't want to take many foods...so I am limited to a few that settle well...I stick to them. I wasn't getting enough protein so I added two shakes a day. Don't be ashamed of your weight ...it is less than you did weight! Keep up the good work! Kris
'

thanks for info, I will check it out today. ? did you loose all that weight since your surgery??? if so wow you've done fantastic. pounds are melting off your hard work is paying off too, happy for you!Donna

Back