• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

No date yet, but I'm getting closer!

Hi! My name is Kelly and I'm new to this forum. I started my process in February this year and with Tricare and my surgeon, I have to put in 6 months of pre-op requirements. My surgery should be in late August/early September. I am so ready and SO nervous.

I can't stop thinking about the risks. I'm so scared, but I know I need this is the best road for me. I have 100 pounds to lose and the number one reason I'm having the surgery is to get pregnant, as my husband and I have been trying for over 3 years with no luck. I am so scared, tho.

Do I have a reason to worry so much or am I worrying for nothing?

Hi Kelly, Welcome. It is perfectly normal to be scared of having surgery, this is major even though you will more than likely have laproscopic surgery it is still a major deal. I too was scared and excited and nervous all at the same time. It is an emotional rollercoaster at times but for me it was well worth it. This is a great place to come to find support and ask to questions about the journey or just to vent when you are feeling anxiouse, there are a lot of great folkes here that are anywhere from years out to where you are in the journey and we are all here to help each other. :cool: Tom

Hi Kelly, Tom is right, what you are feeling is very normal. I am 2 weeks away from having surgery and I am scared, nervous and excited all rolled into one. Just ordered my multivitamins and protein today so I can have it by the 18th when I start my liquid diet. Good luck to you and feel free to stick with us and vent and ask questions.

i am having surgery to try to get pregnant too plus i know im way over weight and i want to lose almost 200 lbs to feel better about myself. My husband and I have been trying 9 yrs to get pregnant and still nothing so I know how you feel. Hang in there there will be plenty of people to support u.

Thank you all so much for responding. I'm glad what I'm feeling is normal. I'm so terrified of the risks. I will be sure to stay in contact and keep you updated. =)

Hi KellyMarie, just had my surgery on Monday. Its normal to be afraid of surgery, but nowadays its more risky to have a natural childbirth than to have bariatric surgery. So hang in there.

welcome KellyMarie
no surgery date yet for me either I started myjourney in jan. did all my test saw surgeon in early May still waiting for surgery date.As Tom said you'll find others on here who are sharing there journey too, this site has been so helpful for me, you can find answer's for every stage you're going through. I will be praying for you and the other lady whom are ready wanting a baby, nothing is impossible, I wanted "twin's and I prayed for 16 plus years and when I was 37 GOD blessed me with my twins, there 18 now identical twins and they light up my life. I'll be praying your "baby or babies come along at the right time.I also have a 29 year old too. kids change your life in so many ways,the weight loss surgery changes lives too and I am so anxious for my turn . come back and share this site will help you through the process.

I too am having some minor complications, but everyone is different....It's nothing major to worry about. I am dealing with my issues, and like I said they are minor just a little irritating....

It's going to take a few months before all those annoying little things go away. As with any major surgery it's just part of the healng process. Just get your ptotein in and drink those fluids and you will back to your usual self before you know it :) :) :)

Back