1. American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!
    Dismiss Notice

No Post... so here goes!

Discussion in 'Movies' started by 1Stepatatime, Oct 6, 2012.

1. 1Stepatatime

1Stepatatime Member

Surgery Type:
    Gastric Sleeve
    Surgery Date:
    January 8, 2013
    Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    A weight that I feel healthy, comfortable and active. Time will tell!
    I love watching old movies. My favorite old movie actor is Gary Cooper. Of course my favorite movie staring him is...Sergeant York and Friendly Persuasion.
    I have a friend who has on her bucket list ...to watch all the movies that won "Best Show" in the academies. The first movie was....anyone know????

It is "Wings" from 1927. It stars Clara Bow, Charles "Buddy" Rogers, Richard Arlen, and Gary Cooper. It is a silent film.

2. Tbearfan

Tbearfan New Member

Surgery Type:
    Lateral Sleeve Gastrectomy
    Surgery Date:
    23 July 2012
    Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    I enjoy watching old movies as well. There are several of the stars from the old movies that I really enjoy watching. Maureen O'Hare (I was named after her), Stewart Granger, Jimmy Stewart, Robert Mitchum, Jeff Chandler, and James Darren (Moon Doggie). There were more but these are the ones I watched the most. My daddy and I loved watching old movies when I was a kid and I still love doing that.

3. snel001

snel001 New Member

I also enjoy all of the Gary Cooper movies.....Friendly Persuasion is my favorite as well as Seargeant York. I am was raised in the country and identify with these country movie themes.

4. Pat99

Pat99 Member

Surgery Type:
    RNY
    Surgery Date:
    February 27, 2012
    Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    A few years ago I bought a set of CD's with over 50 old movies on them. Before I could even put a dent in watching them HD TV kicked in and like everyone else with older TV's I had to hook up converter boxes to my TV's. Well, now my VCR / DVD player won't work because the converter hook up didn't take into consideration that certain old TV's don't have enough ports to connect properly. I recently found a website that gave instructions to buy a "splitter" and showed how to make the connections to make the player work. I'm planning on going to the electronic's store to get the splitter so I can watch my old movies and all of my other DVD's that have been collecting dust. Wish me luck *LOL*

5. fkrebs

fkrebs Member

Surgery Type:
    Gastric By-Pass, Roux-en-Y
    Surgery Date:
    Oct 17, 2012
    Start Weight:
    392 -- At my peak
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    My wife thinks I was born too late, because I'm always watching old movies and TV series. My favorite actor is John Wayne and his best movies are The Quiet Man and the Shootist. I love the old Westerns the best but most of the old movies are enjoyable. I think I finally got sick of all the special effects in movies for blowing things up and killing hundreds of people. The newer scripts have no heart, no soul, no characters you can believe in.

6. Pat99

Pat99 Member

Surgery Type:
    RNY
    Surgery Date:
    February 27, 2012
    Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    fkrebs-I'm like that too except I don't care much for silent movies. I grew up listening to music, a lot of music. My mom had quite a collection of records and she played them every weekend. We would even Polka around the dining room table *LOL* Back then we had a TV and radio that both used tubes. Almost every week we would have to pull the tubes out and walk to the neighborhood drug , rain or shine and even blizzard conditions, that had a tube tester and carried the replacement tubes. My mom's record collection had a little bit of everything like big band, jazz, polkas, Lawerence Welk, Liberace, rock and roll, symphonies, Christmas and even some "off color" comedy from Red Foxx that we weren't allowed to hear. So I like just about any type of music and know most of the lyrics and melodies for everything old. The trouble is that none of my fiends or relatives like to go to the symphony or to a club that plays jazz and I don't like to go alone so it's been ages since I've been to see a live performance. Once I have my hip surgery and recover I plan on going to see something "live" at least once every other month.

7. TwoMas

TwoMas Member

Surgery Type:
    Rue-N-Y
    Surgery Date:
    3/28/2010
    Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    I am youngster here so my favorites are a little newer but classics for me none the less, here we go... Paint You Wagon best musical ever:rolleyes: and all the Clint Eastwood movies and of course John Wayne's Rooster Cogbern movies and my favorite comedies are everything Mel Brookes ever wrote :cool: Tom

8. crem8or

crem8or New Member

Surgery Type:
    Full open RNY
    Surgery Date:
    Nov 7, 2011
    Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Sgt. York is one of my all time favorite "Oldies". And I really like John Waynes movies best. Especially "Green Berets" and "Hellfighters" As far as I know they were both based on true stories. Love a good musical, "Sound of Music" and "Grease" to name a couple. And I have'nt seen a bad Clint Eastwood movie yet. Seen "Trouble with the curve" last week and it was very good.

9. Dcepello

Dcepello Member

Surgery Type:
    Sleeve
    Surgery Date:
    Jan 24, 2013
    Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Nothing better than Lee Marvin singing "I was born under a wandering star"

10. reikinurse

reikinurse Member

Surgery Type:
    Sleeve gastrectomy
    Surgery Date:
    February 1, 2013
    Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Oh, I loved "The Quiet Man" and Maureen Ohara was in that one! Great flick! I love Robert Mitchum, James Stewart, and so many others.

11. natalie_love

natalie_love Member

I agree with your post!. That movie is really great.