• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Non-lucky Right Now

bigdogluver

Last week, I broke a tooth and found out it can't be saved. Will have the extraction and start of implant this Tuesday (2/28/17). Why me??!!! Just need my pity party for a moment. My nerves are on edge for the upcoming surgery. I have problems with anesthesia (coming out of it, somewhat allergic) and that's all I can think about. I guess the broken tooth can be viewed as a distraction... but, $%#@#$$!!! Ugh!

Last week, I broke a tooth and found out it can't be saved. Will have the extraction and start of implant this Tuesday (2/28/17). Why me??!!! Just need my pity party for a moment. My nerves are on edge for the upcoming surgery. I have problems with anesthesia (coming out of it, somewhat allergic) and that's all I can think about. I guess the broken tooth can be viewed as a distraction... but, $%#@#$$!!! Ugh!
That really stinks. You poor thing. Easier said than done, but try not to dwell on it. Tuesday will be here very soon. If it were me I'd also be worrying about the money. I hate dentists for expense and pain. Good luck. :(

Hi Christine, thanks for responding. Yes, the money is another pain, too. LOL. I just want to be on the other side of the extraction and whatever else he'll do. I have to get it done before my surgery, so says my surgeon. What-a-bite!

Hi Christine, thanks for responding. Yes, the money is another pain, too. LOL. I just want to be on the other side of the extraction and whatever else he'll do. I have to get it done before my surgery, so says my surgeon. What-a-bite!
Wouldn't it be nice to be rich and while we are at it, have no nerves for pain. I'm sorry you have a hard time with anesthesia. I get sick from it myself.

Sounds like "Murphy" is having a good time with you before surgery. I went through the same thing. My phone broke one week before surgery. Someone that was going to go with me for my surgery came down with phenomena. Then after surgery when I came home a pipe broke going into my hot water heater. I was gone for a week since I traveled to a different state for my surgery. I have no idea how long water had been running out onto the floor. Thankful I live in an apartment, so financially my landlord had to pay for the repairs but moving things around wasn't easy while recovering. Then there was the repair men coming for three days. They had such good timing. As soon as I got comfortable they would knock on the door. Getting up or sitting down is when I had pain.
Anyway, I'm telling you all this because I don't want you to be discouraged. Now matter what "Murphy" throws at you. You can get through it. Now I sit back and laugh at these things. The surgery is the best decision I made. Good luck and let me know how it goes. I'll be rooting for you.

?????
You are doing the right thing by getting an implant right away. The question is how did you broke your tooth. Because the verdict is still out on whether or not there's a link between weight loss surgery and teeth loss. I'm going to be speaking at a very large Obesity Conference In Las Vegas at the end of this month on that very subject.

Good Luck

Back