• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Not doing well

I want to thank everyone for your support. I think I needed to hear from others. I am doing better. I found that if I mix a small amount of plain greek yogurt in, it is more tolerable. It cuts the sweetness and adds a nice creamy texture plus it adds more protein. I saw my general doctor and he lowered some of my medicines. Yes! He also said that I probably need some vitamin D. So he told me to be out in the sun for an hour a day. It does make me feel better. However, I have been struggling with anger. Every little thing gets me angry. My poor husband. I hope this too will pass.

The blues after surgery is normal, you just need to kick their butt. My doctor wants me to take all chewable vitamins and supplements after surgery, says I will not feel full taking them that way. Get some unflavored protein powder and mix it with cream of wheat, or even jello. Have you tried the protein "shots"? We want to hear from you, keep us informed as to how you are doing.

i just had surgery wed and i also have been drinking from the hospitals 1 oz cups, took a few extras home. It seems to help, but everything I drink other than Luke warm broth hurts my stomach so bad!!

i just had surgery wed and i also have been drinking from the hospitals 1 oz cups, took a few extras home. It seems to help, but everything I drink other than Luke warm broth hurts my stomach so bad!!

Thats great you took some cups with you I should have thought of that, i have some medical cups that do the same thing, I was told to just take it very slow, if your having a lot of pain call your nurse or Dr right away and tell them what is going on. sip sip sip, I was taking off my liquid calcium for about a week until my little tummy had some time to heal, they made it all made in side and now you need time to heal, take your pain meds too if you need them that is what they are there for, remember to sip sip sip, that was kind of hard for me really since i was so use to just drinking ya know. You will get through this! My nurse told me that my little tummy was angry with me so treat it very gentle.... I'm a week out from surgery and the other day i finally woke up pain free YAY! I'm praying for you, but if you still have pain with everything going down i would call the Dr just to make sure, it never hurts to be very careful. :)

Back