• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Not much at reading, except Quilting Books.

I just love the Elm Creek series by Jennifer Chiaverini. I am starting Sylvia's Bridal Sampler is a 140 block sampler quilt quilt made by the characters in a novel, The Master Quilter, the sixth in the Elm Creek Quilts series.

I have read all of the Elm Creek quilt series. I love them! I don't quilt, but I love the interactions between the characters and i love the history of Sylvia's family. The first one I read was Circle of Quilters and it got me hooked!

Now look, just look at what you've done, 1Stepatatime. You made me go out and buy another book . . . like I need an excuse to buy another book! lol

Actually, I bought a compilation which includes the first three books in the series.

I am an inveterate reader, with catholic tastes. Witness my surround of several thousands books. No, I'm not exaggerating. How else could I travel this earth and the known [and unknown] universes, not to mention the human psyche, at my leisure?! No economic considerations, no artificial constructs of so-called appropriate time and place. No dress codes - though I absolutely adore playing dress up - no weight requirements or size restrictions, etc.

Reading became my boon companion at an early age - I had read most of the contents of my small town library by the age of 12 - and has continued in that role throughout my life. Sometimes, I read more; sometimes less. But reading is always there for me . . . even over and beyond food, thank goodness!!!

Qaterra, you made me laugh. Your sense of humor is fantastic. I am so glad that there are people like you on this earth. You are the balance. I must admit in my younger years I read a lot of "Historical Romances" as they called them...known as smut novels. I use to dream of being swept away by a woodsman on his horse to a beautiful waterfall. Okay, nowadays I only imagine of my dear husband of 37 years going on a vacation together without his hunting dogs. LOL I so much enjoy your posts. Keep them coming and please keep us informed as to when you surgery date is. I will find out mine surgery date on Nov 9, 2012.

Ok, you guys, my Elm Creek compilation has arrived. And it looks sooo inviting!

Now, if only I can put down J.D. Robb long enough to start reading it . . . awww, who needs to put anything down?! I usually have more than one book (say a half dozen or more) going at any given time. I'll keep you posted (oh, just too punny!).

Qaterra, If I tried to read more than one book at a time I would get all the characters mixed up along with the story line. I just received the Master Quilter of the elm creek series. I hope that I can save it to read
after surgery, but I might be too tempted.

1Stepatatime,

Are you continuing to resist temptation and not yet reading The Master Quilter? If you succumb before surgery, will you get the next book in the series for your confinement?

I have now read The Quilter's Apprentice and will soon finish Round Robin. Sigh. Yes, I'm hooked. Karenina, I, too, love the interaction between characters and am fascinated with the quilt lore.

Got another Ricky Tims book today. Yay!!!

Qaterra,

I have not started it yet. I have already read the first three books and have not got The Runaway Quilt and Quilter's Legacy in my collection, but I think I am going to purchase them so that I can read them in order. You are too funny. I wish that I could sit down and read like you do. I do know that once you start this series it is addictive. The author is great they way she interacts the characters. Just a good feeling series. Don't forget to snuggle down with your favorite quilt as you are reading these books.

For those of you who might be interested in this series, I have listed each book and they are in ordered.

The Elm Creek Quilts novels are a series of books written by Jennifer Chiaverini.

The series includes twenty titles:

The Quilter's Apprentice (1999)
•Round Robin (2000)
•The Cross-Country Quilters (2001)
•The Runaway Quilt (2002)
•The Quilter's Legacy (2003)
•The Master Quilter (2004)
•The Sugar Camp Quilt (2005)
•The Christmas Quilt (2005)
•Circle of Quilters (2006)
•The Quilter's Homecoming (2007)
•The New Year's Quilt (2007)
•The Winding Ways Quilt (2008)
•The Quilter's Kitchen (2008)
•The Lost Quilter (2009)
•A Quilter's Holiday (2009)
•The Aloha Quilt (2010)
•The Union Quilters (Feb 2011)
•The Wedding Quilt (Nov 2011)
•Sonoma Rose (Feb 2012)
•The Giving Quilt (Oct 2012)

Thank you, dear 1Stepatatime, for making it sooo easy for me to mosey over to Amazon and get into trouble! lol

I won't be snuggling up with a quilt, though. I've never made a full-size quilt and have given away all the small quilts I have made. Must be time for me to entertain possibilities of a quilt just for me. However will I narrow down the choices?! I don't want to end up with a bunch of UFOs, something for which I have a distressing penchant.

It's time for me to check again into local quilt classes.

Tomorrow is Saturday. I know where the local quilt shop is. My car knows the way, too. I believe we shall present ourselves there tomorrow!

Back