• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Not sure but thinking I am nearing 100 pound loss...

I eat and exercise and take my vitamins drink my shakes. But I never ever believed I would be almost at goal in 3 & 1/2 months.confused: I know my friend lost a lot and continued to lose but this to me is wild. I have not been to my doctor since about 2 &1/2 months ago. It was a normal weigh loss weigh in then. He said I should expect to lose like 1 or 2 pounds a week from now on out. So on the 28 of this month (Feb) one of of us is gonna be shocked. I had my blood test today to see how all my vitamin levels and proteins are... So I guess I wait. I have been kinda busy so I have not ridden my bike everyday, but I lost still. However, I am home and my bike is ready and so am I. I take biotin and hair skin & nail pills so I hope not to lose my hair. I never weigh but decided to today because of my clothing being to big again. So I will not be back on the scale untill I walk into my doctor's office in 2 weeks. How did I do this? I never worried about the scales ever. I always exercise even if its another form then my bike. Like dancing around or walking further then the closest parking space. I did never in my wildest dreams think this would go so fast. Determination and staying positive even if I had a bad day. The reason I am on the journey is I want to be healthy & I am very healthy now. There has been times when it was a little rough in the beginning 2 surgeries 2 days apart. And a little bit of fear at the unknown, I am sure we all have been there. But, I always managed to push it away. And stay on task. I do not know what my doctor will say or think, I am a little bit curious to see his reaction. I am getting to know me all over again & yes I see a therapist, who said my mind has to catch up with the sudden change. So, I intend to go get a new hair style next month & maybe even get the works. It will be a luxery I have not done since before surgery. I have changed not just my looks but my health and out look on life. And for anyone who is struiggling and getting depressed, it only makes it worse. Hang in there and remember there is always light at the end of the tunnel, and somewtimes we have rainbows after thunderstorms. I will let you know on the 28th how everything went. I really love this group and feel it has helped me make it this far. Next thing of course is I want surgery to lose the skin and flab. But that will be another journey as I continue on... Thanks everyone for being here see ya really soion.
Hugs,
Angie
:eek:

Angie you' re doing great, I bet you'll feel like a new person when you get your new hair style and all. You deserve good things for yourself for you've done a lot to make yourself healthy . congratulations

WOW! Amazing. Thanks for the positive support you've sent my way... you clearly have a wonderful attitude and the right motivations. Here's to a healthy future for all of us!

Back