• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

NSV - Sort of?

WazzuCoug

I have been working from home since March, and although I've been to my office a couple times, the people I regularly work with weren't there.

Yesterday, one of my co-workers was leaving to move to another state, so we decided to have a socially distanced gathering in the park next to our office to say goodbye.

When I arrived, there were a couple people already there. They didn't recognize me until I got about 10 feet from them. Then, as other people walked up, a couple people stood next to me (we were masked) and then suddenly said my name when they realized who I was. One person said the only reason they figured out who I was, was because I was wearing a Washington State University Mask (I have a big flag with the WSU logo in my office....and for those of you who wouldn't know this "Wazzu" is a colloquial name for WSU - Washington State University.

Anyway...I guess it is a "victory" in a way, but it was certainly entertaining to see how people reacted. I don't see that much change myself, so it was kind of shocking to me too!

I have been working from home since March, and although I've been to my office a couple times, the people I regularly work with weren't there.

Yesterday, one of my co-workers was leaving to move to another state, so we decided to have a socially distanced gathering in the park next to our office to say goodbye.

When I arrived, there were a couple people already there. They didn't recognize me until I got about 10 feet from them. Then, as other people walked up, a couple people stood next to me (we were masked) and then suddenly said my name when they realized who I was. One person said the only reason they figured out who I was, was because I was wearing a Washington State University Mask (I have a big flag with the WSU logo in my office....and for those of you who wouldn't know this "Wazzu" is a colloquial name for WSU - Washington State University.

Anyway...I guess it is a "victory" in a way, but it was certainly entertaining to see how people reacted. I don't see that much change myself, so it was kind of shocking to me too!
Was there more awkward conversation after that or did they just let it go? Usually at this point there are questions. I guess with COVID, lots of people could have dropped a lot of weight "naturally" (haha).

Was there more awkward conversation after that or did they just let it go? Usually at this point there are questions. I guess with COVID, lots of people could have dropped a lot of weight "naturally" (haha).

They all knew I had the surgery, so it was a non-issue as far as awkward questions go. I didn't have to explain why I lost weight. They see me on Zoom at least twice a week, from the shoulders up, and I'd gotten comments that they could tell I was losing weight based on my face, but it was a bit more dramatic to see the body changes, I guess.

Back