• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Nutrition and Dr Appointments tomorrow

Hoping for a big number tomorrow on the scale, it would be nice if it were more than 5 lbs this time, my body doesn't like to give anything up, I know it will come off but today I was talking to someone who is against my choice of losing weight and she thinks I am going to end up weighing more than what I started, we all have that one person, she is the reason I quit smoking along time ago and didn't start back up, just to prove to her that I could do it and now I have to prove this to her ugh, but I can do it

Yes, I have that person too. He says we can't go out to eat with me because he doesn't want to pay for a meal that will be wasted. It's just this guy from work. I have always wanted to tell him it doesn't matter because I would never go out with him anyway. The guy is a real jurk all the way around. For some reason he has started to call once a week to check on me and incourage me. His incouragement is talking about what a good steak he had for dinner. Its doing nothing for me. I can barely get my protein drink in. I have no interest in food even when I watch a cooking show. It is amazing to me that this guy gets any pleasure from trying to ruin my weight loss. There are so many weird people out there. Soon, he's going to be taking to an answering machine.

Hoping for a big number tomorrow on the scale, it would be nice if it were more than 5 lbs this time, my body doesn't like to give anything up, I know it will come off but today I was talking to someone who is against my choice of losing weight and she thinks I am going to end up weighing more than what I started, we all have that one person, she is the reason I quit smoking along time ago and didn't start back up, just to prove to her that I could do it and now I have to prove this to her ugh, but I can do it
Ahh. let the haters hate... Not all friends are going to understand the reasoning.... I am at the point in my life here Im done having to prove things to friends.... Thy ill see when you get down to your goal and be shocked.

There always has to be someone like that in our lives. Prove her wrong on this too!!!

Yes, I have that person too. He says we can't go out to eat with me because he doesn't want to pay for a meal that will be wasted. It's just this guy from work. I have always wanted to tell him it doesn't matter because I would never go out with him anyway. The guy is a real jurk all the way around. For some reason he has started to call once a week to check on me and incourage me. His incouragement is talking about what a good steak he had for dinner. Its doing nothing for me. I can barely get my protein drink in. I have no interest in food even when I watch a cooking show. It is amazing to me that this guy gets any pleasure from trying to ruin my weight loss. There are so many weird people out there. Soon, he's going to be taking to an answering machine.
What an @$$. You definetly need to quit talking to him. He is not a friend.

How did your appointment go?

My appointment went good, I lost 7 lbs this past month, not a huge number, but I will take it. I have no more restrictions on what I can eat, except for the norm of eating protein first and then veggie, fruit and if room then carb, I am so looking forward to reaching my goal and keeping it, I don't want to be the old me anymore
Good job on the weight loss!!! That's great about no food restrictions. I'm like you as far as the food order. I've set my own restrictions as I'm scared to try some foods, like steak.

Good job on the weight loss!!! That's great about no food restrictions. I'm like you as far as the food order. I've set my own restrictions as I'm scared to try some foods, like steak.
I haven't tried steak yet either, or hamburger, especially after hearing what it did to you when you tried it

I haven't tried steak yet either, or hamburger, especially after hearing what it did to you when you tried it
With the hamburger, I eat only 96% lean. I also have only had it crumbled or as meatloaf. No more patties for me for a while. My hubby and I went to a steakhouse last night for my birthday. I almost got a steak salad, but even that scared me. Got a meatloaf. Ate a few bites of it and took the rest of it, my salad, mashed potatoes and green beans, home. I have enough for about 6 meals. Lol

I went to Texas Roadhouse Saturday night got chicken, chili, and a sweet potatoes, had half the chicken then, tonight I had the chili, and tomorrow will probably have the other half of my chicken and some sweet potatoes

I went to Texas Roadhouse Saturday night got chicken, chili, and a sweet potatoes, had half the chicken then, tonight I had the chili, and tomorrow will probably have the other half of my chicken and some sweet potatoes
Other than the sweet potatoes, your dinner sounds wonderful. I love all of the meals we get out of one "normal" meal.

Back