• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Ocean Liners - Books

I like that idea. I can't reward myself with books. I treat them like air. They are a necessity. I read pretty much everything. Although, I am not in love with police procedurals (give me a good who done it) and I hate the newer style mysteries where SUPRISE! it's this person who didn't exist in the book until the chapter before last. But otherwise, fantasy, historical, paranormal, romance, horror, contemporary, spy, whatever! Actually, I'm not a huge fan of non fiction, unless it's historical so I guess not EVERYTHING everything. lol

I like that idea. I can't reward myself with books. I treat them like air. They are a necessity. I read pretty much everything. Although, I am not in love with police procedurals (give me a good who done it) and I hate the newer style mysteries where SUPRISE! it's this person who didn't exist in the book until the chapter before last. But otherwise, fantasy, historical, paranormal, romance, horror, contemporary, spy, whatever! Actually, I'm not a huge fan of non fiction, unless it's historical so I guess not EVERYTHING everything. lol
Have you read any of Ellery Adams? She does pretty good who done it books.

I have not actually but I will now pick one up. Do you have a favorite? It looks like she has several series. Where should I start?
She had a series where the title of each starts with Murder in the... so ones Murder in the Locked Library another is Murder in the Secret Garden. There are 6 in the Murder series. They’re shortish, and easy to read, so I don’t remember it taking me long to get through them. I got them on Amazon and enjoyed them.

Who do you like to read? I’m a big Koontz fan.
I went through a koontz kick a while back, he's got some freaky stuff. Haven't read koontz or king in a while, will have to get back to that genre after I burn out on scifi.

I'm currently listening to the likes of Adrian Tchaikovsky, Alastair Reynolds, Dan Simmons, Iain Banks, Peter F Hamilton, etc. I am doing audible 100% now for about 2 years, love love love audio books.

I went through a koontz kick a while back, he's got some freaky stuff. Haven't read koontz or king in a while, will have to get back to that genre after I burn out on scifi.

I'm currently listening to the likes of Adrian Tchaikovsky, Alastair Reynolds, Dan Simmons, Iain Banks, Peter F Hamilton, etc. I am doing audible 100% now for about 2 years, love love love audio books.
I can’t read King, he’s too spooky for me LOL There’s only been one Koontz book that actually scared me and that was Tick Tock. I loved the Odd Thomas series, but I am anxiously awaiting the last Christopher Snow book. Koontz has promised that he’s working on it. His Jane Hawk series is very much a mind fu@$, but I really liked them. One of his, From the Corner of His Eye is probably my favorite. I’ve read it a couple times and listened to the audiobook.

Back