• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Odd Question about stuffy nose

Dana-I've heard of getting the hiccups or sneezing after eating but not a stuffy nose. It will be interesting to hear more answers from other members.

It helps to know I am not alone! My problem is somewhat different in that I had my bypass 19 yrs ago. My problem only began about 3-4 yrs ago. If I eat more than a cup of anything or half a cup of raw veggies or meat, my nose starts running and I sound stuffed up. It is so bad I have had fellow workers move from my table saying"you are sick, I am moving!" It is so embarrassing!
Other than this , I still feel so fortunate. I am still down about 70 lbs of the one hundred I lost. I still diet, or try too at least monthly..usually without success, but I will keep on trying!
So many dear people gained all of their weight, and I feel fortunate at only 30
I wasn't able to afford skin removal and now at retirement I am more than a bit saggy! I would love to hear from anyone yrs out, or especially with my nose problem! I believe with my gastric bypass I also had a ring placed at the top- is that a Ryn? Thanks for any help

Back