• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

On pre-op diet - Hard to go two weeks on liquids only...

Hi Everyone.
My surgery is scheduled for Sept 19th and I have been on Shakes broth and jello since the 4th. This is going to be harder than I thought.
Tried Shaklee shake and it was terrible. Found one at Walmart that was better.. Good to read everyone's posts and know it's important
to stay strict.

Can't Wait for the 19th!

NewAgeWriter-Hang in there. It was rough for mee too and I only had to do 1 week. Call your nutritionist if you feel you need something more. You may be allowed to have a small amount of something other than liquids if it comes down to it.

The 19th will be here before you know it! Just concentrate on getting through today. Shorter goals are easier than longer goals to reach.

Hang in there New Age, I remember that two weeks like yesterday, and it will pass quickly, be sure to come back to the forum if you need to vent:p We are all here to support each other and you have come a long way and your are almost there. :cool: Tom

Thanks Everyone. Just drank a chocolate shake and am thankful I am halfway through the Pre-op diet. I wish I could sleep my way through the next 10 days.
So much concern. Really appreciate the posts...Thanks Again.

It should be down hill from here. You're only one week from surgery and I know you can do this!!! Keep up the good work. We all survived the pre-op "diets" and you will too :) :) :)

Back