• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

one more week/bp up

I have one more week from today... soooooo excited!! Its getting easier to stick to the liquids. Lots of jello soup and shakes. Trying to get my shopping done for the holiday before my surgery on the 16th. And Im cleaning like crazy. That's so weird... I'm not having a baby (Nesting). I've lost 9lbs in the last week on this liquid diet. Boy is that a motivator. Went grocery shopping today. That was the test of the century for me. Trying to get the rest of the family foods they can cook for themselves and my yummy soup. lol Lucky for me my kids are old enough they can cook for themselves. My BP has been up though. I think it was the salt in the soups. I have switched to low sodium soups. Its hard to find low sodium, low sugar (Carbs) and Low fat. Any suggestions. I have found a 20g protein shake with 3 carbs. I just have to watch my salt. My legs swell and bp goes up. Any suggestions? (I'm sure anxiety is playing a part too):eek:

Unjury Protein makes and awesome chicken soup as well as an unflavored protein powder.... Both meet protein and carb guidelines...

OR GNC has a brand of protein that can be ordered in unflavored and you can add that to say your crystal light, milk beef and chicken bouillon and other permissible liquids..

The swelling and increased BP may be due to the excitement and all of the other emotions you are experiencing right now... Not to mention your nesting.

I have one more week from today... soooooo excited!! Its getting easier to stick to the liquids. Lots of jello soup and shakes. Trying to get my shopping done for the holiday before my surgery on the 16th. And Im cleaning like crazy. That's so weird... I'm not having a baby (Nesting). I've lost 9lbs in the last week on this liquid diet. Boy is that a motivator. Went grocery shopping today. That was the test of the century for me. Trying to get the rest of the family foods they can cook for themselves and my yummy soup. lol Lucky for me my kids are old enough they can cook for themselves. My BP has been up though. I think it was the salt in the soups. I have switched to low sodium soups. Its hard to find low sodium, low sugar (Carbs) and Low fat. Any suggestions. I have found a 20g protein shake with 3 carbs. I just have to watch my salt. My legs swell and bp goes up. Any suggestions? (I'm sure anxiety is playing a part too):eek:

It's good you switched to low sodium soup. Most grocery store bought soups have tons of sodium unless you get the low sodium kind. My legs and ankles swell up if I dont watch my sodium too. My surgeon was big on boullion and wanted me to have it everyday after surgery. I just couldn't do it after the first couple weeks I was gaining weight from all the fluid I was holding. You could make your own soup so you would know exactly what was in it but that is a lot of work. Lol.. :)

Back